Thursday, August 31, 2006

The warden threw a party in the county jail....

The prison band was there and they began to wail.
The band was jumpin and the joint began to swing.
You shouldve heard those knocked out jailbirds sing.
Lets rock, everybody, lets rock.
Everybody in the whole cell block
Was dancin to the jailhouse rock!!



I am beat! 20 people...5 pizzas...2 boxes of chicken wings...4 two liters of soda...2 bags of chips...are now gone! The house is put back together and Elvis has left the building!

The birthday party was a great success. Jessie (the boy from church whose party we hosted) was surprised and bashful about all of the attention he received. Lots of teens and adults came and I think he felt very loved. He received many cards and monetary gifts. His mother is a wonderful lady...and she couldn't stop thanking us for putting the party together for him. I feel like I should be thanking her! Do you ever feel extremely blessed and appreciative to be able to do something nice for someone? I think I get more out of it than they do.
It was the first time the new youth pastor and his family had been to our home. They are a really neat yooung (20 somethings) couple...we adults had as much fun as the kids. Nick put on his mix cd of Elvis, Tom Jones, The Who, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry and other such artists. Everyone gathered in the livingroom (including Kaden and the youth pastors son of the same age) and got our groove on! It was a blast! I haven't laughed so much in all my life. The music was so loud...I'm surprised the neighbors didn't call the cops on us. (hee hee mom and dad)
I have to be up early to be at Ben's school...so I am going to hit the hay. Here's a collage of party pictures for your viewing enjoyment.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the party went well. It sure sounds like everyone had a really great time! I love that picture of Kaden boogying down...you go girl!

Anonymous said...

Awww maannn......It looks like I left the party a little too soon. I missed the dancing. Maybe that's the sound we heard. I jumped up off the couch and opened the door and so did Tony (neighbor across the street).

I know what you mean about the feeling you get when you do something that blesses others. I'm glad you did it for them.

Anonymous said...

Sorry we missed the party. It definately is a blessing to bless someone else. I am sure Jessie and his Mom really appreciated your kindness. They are so sweet.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.