Saturday, August 26, 2006

People spend $50 on gas, driving air-conditioned SUVs around, to stand in the sun and argue about getting a $4.00 lamp for $3.50...

by teresa


I'm so tired.

Been up since 5:30am putting yard sale stuff out in the front yard. And when I opened the front door...my mom was already out there setting up the tables. Katy arrived around 6:30 to put her stuff out too. People were already arriving at the house.

By the way...it was like 98 degrees today. I feel like a french fry.

We finally wrapped it up around 3:00pm. Katy and I couldn't take it anymore. Mom had gone out back to the pool with the kids (I should have volunteered for that job).

We made some good money....but best of all we cleaned out the garage, closets and attic...YES!!

Nick's clothes that are left over I am giving to a family at church. Ben and Kai's leftovers were donated to a family two streets over who had a house fire. They have 3 young boys who needed some new things. The rest of the stuff we took down the street to the Union Mission.

Right now I am starving. I don't feel like cooking...and I am too tired to go out to dinner. Sounds like a chinese takeout kinda night to me!

Hope all you guys are having a fun weekend and staying out of the heat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed having the yard sale. It's fun talking to people you don't know and some who you haven't seen in awhile. I WAS nice getting rid of some things and getting a little extra $$. The pool felt so good that it totally cooled me off.

I also enjoyed sitting around talking to you and Katy.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah . . . the funniest thing that happened at the yard sale was the lady who bought something from us for $1.00 and turned around and sold it to someone else for $10.00 because the other person wanted it so much.

Watkins said...

Glad you had a good yard sale. We spent Friday at Water Country but today we went to the Seawall festival with my mom in the heat. We only lasted an hour - it was so hot! Took a nice bubble bath so I am revived!

Anonymous said...

We have to get rid of some stuff at our house. We've never had a yard sale, but we're planning one. I've already filled our tool shed up with stuff that we know we are going to sale to anybody that will carry it away for us. At one point we thought we would hold onto everything the boys ever touched. But now we know that if we don't do something soon, we're going to have old toys coming out our chimney.