Thursday, August 03, 2006

ham cooked in pineapple juice is yummy....I just thought you would like to know

by teresa

Aloha!

The Hawaiian dinner at VBS was yummy last night. The kids really enjoyed themselves...and so did I. I never saw a child so happy as Kai when he saw them put pizza's on the table with all the other food. They had ham,chicken,lasagna,egg rolls,beef stroganoff,cheesy potatoes,hotdogs,pizza,hoagies,etc. I'm not even going to mention all the desserts (cake,pudding,rice krispie treats,pie) I'm pretty sure I gained a couple of pounds.











After eating they chatted with some new freinds and played in this cool igloo made out of milk jugs. Its one of the props from the Arctic Edge VBS.












Then when we went to leave... I couldn't get it to go in reverse out of the parking space. I was in Chris' Honda. After a couple of minutes I phoned him and he shot straight over. He couldn't get the stupid thing to work either. It seems the brake sensor isn't working to release the transmission to shift from park. I will call and get it towed to the shop today. What a pain in the patootie!

I went over Katy's house yesterday afternoon to take the kids home. She was all giddy from a grocery shopping high. She was opening the fridge and cabinets showing me everything she had purchased. Then she said..."look how full my freezer is". Have mercy people! It was so stuffed with food I had to take a picture and share it with you guys. It looks as if taking one things out would cause an avalance.



I forgot to post this picture yesterday after VBS (I know...your probably like..."enough about VBS already"). Ben volunteered to lead everyone in saying the motto. *Be strong* *Be courageous* *Follow Jesus* I had to snap a picture!

Chris did something to surprise me and the kids....and then he told me before it came because he couldn't stand having a secret. He signed us up for Netflix. I know lots of you guys talk about having it...and how great and convenient it is. Now I get to experience the joy that is Netflix with the rest of you! Yeah for me! I was like "Chris...why did you tell me...it would have been cool to open the mailbox and see movies"? He said the first three are coming today...but he just couldn't wait any longer to tell us. Dork!

Well...I'm off like a dirty shirt. Be back later to see how all my blog peeps are doing.

*peace out*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We stopped using netflix when they started delaying our videos because we rented more often than they liked. It would sometimes take two weeks for a film to get to us! And the kicker is that they tell you in their small print that they'll do that to you so you can't really complain about it. Now we just go to our local video store instead.

If you think that freezer is packed, you should see BOTH of our freezers after our monthly Sam's Club trip!!

Watkins said...

I'm glad you had fun at the dinner. I'm so sorry to hear about your car.