Wednesday, August 23, 2006

backpacks...check! school supplies...check! new shoes...check! prayed for new teachers and staff...check!

by teresa

Wow! I just got back form a great MIT meeting. We were supposed to meet at Angie's house for our regular meeting. But instead we packed the kids into our cars and headed to the schools. We used our prayer cards as a guide. We went to all five schools our children attend....walked around the entire school claiming these prayers for the teachers and students. We also called out our childrens names in prayer too....it was very powerful. I feel a greater ease about the school year beginning now. Especially with Nick...it being his first year in middle school....and with his anxieties. I know it will be a great year(I'm claiming this)...full of joy for learning and new friends and experiences.
I don't really have much planned for the rest of the day...except for church tonight. Chris doesn't arrive home until around 10:00pm. So the kids and I are on our own for dinner. I think I will make spagetti and meatballs.

ciao!

4 comments:

Watkins said...

I thought it was powerful too! Glad we made time to do it and cover them all in prayer today.

Zephra said...

He will be fine in middle school. I think I was moe scared then Kamran was last year.

Anonymous said...

I feel a little silly but what does "claiming" mean?

Gidget said...

It means I KNOW it is going to happen before it actually does. Faith! I claim it as truth. I won't accept anything but!