Friday, August 18, 2006

Having a family is like having a bowling alley installed in your head....

by teresa

A friend of the boys came over to spend the day with our family. We started the day by going to the pool. The boys had a great time playing and swimming. They put the big inflatable boat that we got on our lake vacation in the water. They filled it with water and jumped into it about a hundred times. Then they climbed aboard and pulled the plug and had a contest to see who could be the last to hang on as it deflated. After about 3 hours we came in and dried off. I put on a movie and fixed some popcorn for them to nosh on while I made lunch(fish sticks and mac-n-cheese). After the movie is over we will head down the street to the bowling alley...where I will sit and read while they bowl it up! We usually get the lanes with the guards on them...but the boys rarely touch the guards. As a matter of fact...Ben never touches the guards. Much to the dismay of his older brother...Ben is like some kind of bowling prodigy. He always wins against the older kids.

I'll catch up with you guys later...when I can catch my breath and get a moment to myself.

Check out these cool bowling balls....

2 comments:

Zephra said...

I love the sponge bob ball. I usually bowl a 75. I know...really impressive.

Anonymous said...

When I was in high school, I had a job at a bowling alley and I got asked out on a date by one of the other guys who worked there. Of course, part of our date involved bowling. It turned out that he was one step away from becoming a professional bowler! I bowled something like 110 and he bowled a 300! A perfect score! That was the only time in real life that I've ever seen someone bowl that well ever!