Wednesday, August 30, 2006

free maxi pads....who's gonna pass that up?

by teresa

Last night was the soccer draft. I only recognized two kids from previous years (and of course Kristian and Ben). We have eighteen kids on our team this year. That's alot...usually we have like 14 or 15. They said they didn't have enough coach participation to create another team from our rec center. That's sad. Practices will begin next week. Three times a week until games begin. With Karate two nights a week...and soccer three nights a week...I will be a very busy woman.

Today I have to go get my car inspected...nothing like waiting until the last minute. Lauren is going to follow me up there and then I will drop her off at practice. I also need to swing her by the optomitrist office and get her some new glasses before school begins again. This time I think I will have them super glued to her face so she won't lose them.

Yesterday the boys and I watched the best movie. It was called Duma. Very touching...dramatic....wonderful. The boys were glued to the tv the entire time. It was kinda like Two Brothers...another favorite of my sons. They actually have the movie poster hanging in their room. Today Netflix is scheduled to deliver Hoot. The boys and I read the book...and are excited to see the movie version.

We finally recieved some rain last night. It was the first rain we have had here in weeks and weeks. I ran out in the middle of it and put all my potted plants in the middle of the yard so they could get a good soaking. The weatherman is calling for more during this upcoming week. My hard, brown, dying grass will be very thankful.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. Yard work and house cleaning. We are hosting a birthday party for one of the teens from our church. Their family is down on their luck and not able to give him one...so the youth pastor asked if the teenagers could through him a surprise party here. And dad said they could go next door and get in the pool too. Should be alot of fun. But you guys know how I am. I can not have people (even teenagers) in my house without giving it my thorough (OCD) cleaning! Also...tomorrow morning is ther teacher meet and greet at Nick's school. We can't wait to meet his teachers (he will have four this year). I have my "I'm a big suck up" teachers gifts all ready to go. :0)

More weird dreams last night.
Dream # 1....Chris was being mean again! Really mean! Yelling, hitting, we were all terrified of him. Why do I keep dreaming this. He sounded like his feelings were hurt this morning when I told him about it.
Dream #2....We had a man-eating car in our garage. Stop laughing! It was really horrible. We had a friend over (John Goodman from Rosanne) and it sucked him right in and blood went everywhere. What the heck is going on in my head to dream that one up?
Dream #3....My car broke down...and I had to walk home...at night...and I got lost. On my way down the highway I kept finding bags of diapers and maxi pads. I of course had to stop and retrieve each one I found because...well...those things are expensive and you guys know I don't pass up free stuff! It was so hard to carry everything...but I would not leave one bag behind. I finally got to my neighborhood. But realized someone was following me. So I ran to the house across the street from mine (not wanting the person to know where I lived) and I crawled under their house and peeked out of their vents until the car went away. Then I woke up.
??????????

Well I'm going to hop in the shower and get this day underway.

But before I go...I just wanted to give a shout out to my sister Katy. Hey Katy...I know your in the market for a husband...and I found the pefect guy for you. Here he is. A match made in heaven!

3 comments:

Zephra said...

Your dreams sound as freaky as mine.

Anonymous said...

Those were all some really crazy dreams. Have you started taking any medicine lately? When I first started taking medicine for my blood pressure, I had some weird dreams.

Oh, I just know Katy will love that guy!!! He actually looks a little like Ed Sullivan. Remember him?

Anonymous said...

GEEZ TERESA...YOU REALLY FOUND ME A "WINNER" HE IS EVERYTHING I WANT IN MY FUTURE HUSBAND AND THEN SOME!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH =)