Sunday, August 20, 2006

I love my naps!

by teresa

Yesterday Chris took Ben to the Shriner's annual car show. It's a favorite of Ben's each year. Chris let him take pictures of his favorite cars with our camera...and they came out pretty good. Chris said Ben walked around each car slowly...looking...touching...appreciating each one. He really loves his cars! We joke that one day he is going to own his own car lot....and line them all up like he does his matchbox cars each day.












Church was so wonderful this morning. The kids did an awesome job leading praise and worship. It makes a parent proud to look up there and see all three of your children singing, dancing and lifting their hands in praise to God! I'm going to try and put some video up of the service later. One of my favorite songs they sang went like this...."you have turned... my mourning into dancing!" "you have turned... my sadness into joy!" I just love that. What a simple...yet powerful message.

Just thinking of my troubles
and my lonely wandering
makes me miserable.
That’s all I ever think about,
and I am depressed.
Then I remember something
that fills me with hope.
The LORD’s kindness never fails!
The LORD can always be trusted
to show mercy each morning.
Lamentations 3:19-23

“If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28


It is 9:00 at night...and I am still full from the lunch we had after church. We grilled it up! As a matter of fact....we grilled so much meat...I won't have to cook dinner for the entire week! Italian sausages, hamburgers, steaks, kabobs. Even with Katy, her kids and momma eating lunch with us we have tons left over. We get the grill going so infrequently (because of the oppressive heat)...that when we done light it up I throw everything int he freezer on it at once. I just feel like everything tastes better grilled!

Mom sat out by the pool with the kids after lunch. Chris ran to work to get some things done. Nick didn't want to get in the pool...so after I cleaned up the kitchen...he and I (and Shorty) took a Sunday afternoon nap together. It was so quiet and relaxing. I have to have my Sunday nap!

My sweet tooth is really acting up right now. I think I may have to break out the chocolate pudding I have hidden in the back of the fridge. shhhh....don't tell my secret!

I just glanced over at my calendar....16 more days till school starts! Oh my...I can't believe I have almost made it! This summer has been the best in a long time. Usually by day two I have had to make behavior charts and deal out punishments daily. There had even been days in past summers where Chris said he would call home to check in and I would sound so overwhelmed and on the verge of a breakdown. Most nights I would be in tears over the chaos and fighting from the day. I would just stand in my room saying..."can't we all just get along?" But this summer has been different. The kids are older...more mature. Able to occupy themselves and eager to enjoy their time together. I also feel like me having the blog as an outlet...really helps alot too. When it's just you...and children alone ALL DAY...EVERY DAY...you get kinda starved for adult interaction. You get a little edgy...testy...snitty with the kids an hubby. But now that I have found all you guys...that void has been filled. Thanks!

1 comment:

Watkins said...

I love reading your blog. Our blogs defintely are a great outlet for me. Makes me take more pictures too - like I needed an excuse ha ha

James grilled out and we cooked a lot too. With his sister being here I have actually made dinner every night for a week. It's a record I tell you!

I was so touched by Ben singing at VBS one night with his arms raised to God. He is looking for a child just like me. I can't wait to see the video of the kids singing. I know you are proud.