Monday, August 07, 2006

In a snap!

by teresa

Sorry no posting yesterday. I was really busy.

After church we were only home for awhile...then we headed back up to church for a VBS meeting.

I am really excited about the VBS we are putting on. I am going to pray that God sends many children to participate. We have such a big, beautiful facility...but in the past not much of turnout. I was spoiled by the big numbers at the VBS the kids went to last week (over a hundred each day). I would love to have that happen!

So all you local momma's who read this blog...please bring you children and invite any friends to do the same. I am going to email all my PTA and MIT buddies. I also have some flyers to give out to the kids neighborhood friends.

The festivities begin Sunday August 13th at 6:30-8:40 and go through Wednesday August 16th (which will be family night...a big family cookout).

So be there...or be square!

Yesterday was also packing day. Packing for Ben, Nick and Kristian. Chris and I are going to drive them up to the camp. I will feel better seeing the facility...and knowing where they are going to sleep and eat. Still...it's going to be very hard for me. I am feeling a little anxiety coming on. *breathe* Prayers welcome!

Lauren had a couple of friends over yesterday afternoon. They played board games and watched tv (they party hard core man!) :0) Hey....I ain't complaining! I think it's great that's the way they spend their Sunday afternoon. I like them here. Usually they hang at another families house...and I get to feeling bad about that. I know their grocery bill must be totally outrageous. So I relieve my guilt by alowing htem to hang out here every now and then. The only reason I don't let them more is because of the boys. They never leave the teens alone! It's like they are great white sharks (I have enjoyed shark week on the discovery channel this week:) and the teens are baby seals. They keep going in for the kill...and Chris and I have to lure them back in the other room.

Well... I'm off to get the boys up and get this day started.

I will leave you with this conversation I overheard between Ben and Kai the other day in the car after leaving VBS....

Kai: Ben...what's heaven like?

Ben: Oh...it's great Kai. You get to sing and dance ALL DAY and then sleep long ALL NIGHT!

Kai: When do you die and go to heaven?

Ben: When your old.

Kai: Are you old.... and sick?

Ben: Sometimes. But mostly your just old! You go in a snap (he snapped his finger in the air)!
Haven't you ever heard the saying..."in a snap"? That's where it comes from. It's talking about how fast old people die. "In a snap" (he repeats snapping motion). It's very quick Kai. You don't feel a thing!

Kai: But I can't snap! (then he tries over and over with Ben showing him how) So what happens if I can't snap?

Ben: Then maybe you never die? Unless you get hit by a car or something. You better keep practicing!

Kai: Sighs...and tries to snap his fingers the whole way home.... over and over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »