Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Happy Birthday Kaden!

by teresa

I've tried to use my time wisely while the kids are at VBS today. I went to the drycleaners...the drug store...and the library. I also *gulp* cut my own hair..and colored it(covered the massive amount of gray)! I am so impulsive in my hair do decisions. I wake up...fix my hair...it looks like crud...I decide to chop it off! That's that! No appointments made...no looking at pictures to decide what would look best ...just chop chop! Most of the time I just show up at my sisters and ask her to do the deed. This morning I took matters into my own hands. Actually...it didn't turn out too bad. At least from the front it looks good....I don't know what it looks like from behind. hee hee I'll get Katy to give it the once over when I drop off Kristian and Kai later.
Tonight I am double booked. The kids are really excited to go to the Hawaiian themed VBS dinner, and I already promised to take them. Then Lauren came home last night and said there is a mandatory cheer parents meeting tonight at school. sheesh! Couldn't they give you a little more warning? Hopefully Chris will be able to cover for me at Lauren's school meeting. Just picturing him there with all those uber-hyper cheer moms (some moms take it Waaaaay too seriously...can you say pathetically living your failed cheering dreams through your daughter) makes me giggle! I'm sure he can handle it!
Today is Kaden's first birthday! I can not belive it has been a year since my little one (I mean Katy's little one) came into our lives. She is so precious and I can't wait till her party this weekend. We got her lots of cute outfits and toys. I love my neices and nephew so much...as if they were my own!

Here's our first picture together......did I mention I helped deliver her...and cut the chord? I'm a proud Auntie!



















And here's a picture of her this weekend....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a difference a year makes. She was so tiny and now she's not. She's so beautiful and she has lots of attitude.

Anonymous said...

That baby is so beautiful and you look so good in that picture! I wish I were as photogenic!

Anonymous said...

My, My time flies. She is a cutie. Give her a birthday hug for me. She won't let me hug her YET. She's very particular who she lets get hugs.