Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The time to relax is when you don't have time for it.

by teresa

The boys and I have been camped outside again today. I am on my laptop chatting with you right now. Ben and I came out around 9:45 to have our breakfast (Nick was still snoozing)....and we haven't gone back in yet. I even brought out my conair foot spa and have had my feet in it all morning (my dogs were barking). The day is cool and very, very breezy. It must be going to rain...because the sun hasn't shown it's face yet.

Once Nick woke up...we broke out the paint by numbers kits I bought at the beginning of the summer. After about 5 minutes I found out two things about my children. Ben definitely is NOT a paint by the numbers kind of kid! He was so frustrated with the limitations of it. His normal confident (cocky) self was in tears because he felt it wasn't as good as the picture on the box. Once I gave him the ok to use his creative license, and throw caution(and the color key) to the wind....he was a regular picaso. The second thing I learned was that Nick is ABSOLUTELY a paint by numbers kind of kid! He was using that color key like a bible. Studying it...taking it to heart...not straying one iota from the instuction. If he accidently used a millimeter of red where there was supposed to be blue....have mercy! The world came to an end! With every section completed he would just sit back and smile....knowing he was a true art master. I will make sure to post pictures of our completed paintings. It will take a few more days...those things are really time consuming.

Mom got home from work a few minutes ago. She bought some mulch for her garden...and Nick just went over to help her bring it into the backyard and spread it out. We really need some more mulch. But I think I'm going to get a load delivered. I'm sick of getting it in those bags...and getting my car all dirty. I'd rather them just dump it in the front yard and we can load it into wheelbarrows and spread it wherever. This weekend (weather permitting) we are having a yardsale...so maybe next weekend I'll schedule a delivery. I love to have yard sales. We only do it once a year (me, mom, Katy and the neighbors)....but we enjoy it so much. Clean out the closets, attics, dressers, garage and toyboxes. Sit outside and chat all day with our neighbors and make money to go towards back to school things for the kids.

Do you guys ever have yard sales?

Ben just ran and got the mail....yeah...Netflix arrived! The boys and I will enjoy a movie together later. Also...magazines came! I love my magazines! Jack and Jill came for the boys and Time and Town & Country came for me. I still haven't finished my Family Fun that came yesterday. Joy!

I'm off to make a few PTA phone calls...you guys have a great day.

1 comment:

Gidget said...

We just watched Syriana this week....it was very sad!

She's the Man and The Matador are in my que...let me know how they are.