Tuesday, August 29, 2006

please sir....I want some more....

by teresa

Did you guys sneak over in the night and add your laundry to mine?

The hampers filled as I slept...so I was just checking!

I think Lauren keeps laundry hid in her closet and in her car. So just when I think I have caught up....all the hampers are empty....more appears out of thin air! She's messin with my mind man...she's messin with my mind!

Nick just went on a bike ride throught the neighborhood...leaving Ben and I with a little peace and quiet for a few precious moments. Ben and I danced around and sang songs from VBS. Then we had conversations in our best bristish accents. Ben thinks this is so funny. He says I sound like Kipper...or Charlie and Lola. Those of you with children should know who I'm talking about.

I have had a fascination with the british culture since I was like 10....and I saw the movie Oliver(made in 1969). I memorized that entire movie and walked around talking like a brit for months. The movie Oliver also spawned my love for all musicals. My mom bought me the movie for my birthday a few years back (and also My Fair lady). I have sat my kids down to watch and enjoy with me....thinking it was going to be a memorable mother-child bonding moment. But they can't sit and watch past the first 15 minutes. They say..."it's so boring mom!" Are they nuts? These are the best movies of all times. What do you guys think? Am I a total nerd...or do you like musicals too? I'm not talking about just any movies. I'm talking Oliver, My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, The Music Man....these are great right?

I thought all hope was lost for my children...then Disney put out High School Musical. My little Ben LOOOOOOVES this movie/musical. He knows every word....every move...to every dance sequence. That's my boy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love musicals, too. All those you mentioned, plus Oklahoma, South Pacific. . . all of them!

Didn't we enjoy watching Sterling in the live performance of SP? She was awesome!

Watkins said...

I love Musicals too - I grew up on them. I love the Sound of Music and all the ones you and your friends listed. We listened to lots of Elvis this summer too. I just read about High School musical - will have to see if we can watch that one.

Anonymous said...

I love musicals, too! I've never seen Oliver though. Some of my favorites are South Pacific, My Fair Lady, Hello Dolly, Fiddler on the Roof, and Phantom of the Opera. I haven't seen High School Musical yet, but I'll have to check it out sometime soon.

By the way...I'll be over sometime this week to pick up my laundry. I'll give you a little time to get the ironing done too. Thanks a million! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh...I almost forgot the Sound of Music!

Anonymous said...

...and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Valerie said...

I am not really into musicals but I will watch one. I really love old movies though, it drives my DH batty that I can watch and love movies from the 30's and 40's so much.