Tuesday, August 01, 2006

"On cable TV they have a weather channel - 24 hours of weather. We had something like that where I grew up. We called it a window."

by teresa

Ben and I are home from VBS and dropping off Kristian and Kai back at their apartment. I picked up a pizza on the way to her house and the kids really enjoyed it. Tomorrow night the same church is hosting a Hawaiian themed dinner for all the VBS families to participate in. The kids are really looking forward to that. Chris is going to be out of town anyway...so I think we will play hooky from our Wednesday night church and go the theirs. The VBS at our church wil be starting in 2 weeks and I am really looking forward to it. Chris and I will both be helping. I was told that the church will be providing dinner for all the workers and their families each night. How great is that? No cooking for 4 days! The theme of our bible school is Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Chocolate....and Jesus? Does it get any better than that? Ben and I have the house to ourselves right now. It is quiet...and I like! Nick is at camp...Lauren is at cheering and Chris is at work. I think we will make cookies and watch The Shaggy Dog on dvd. Then he has his karate class this evening. I'm trying to think of anything to do that will keep us indoors in the A/C. I know this may sound weird...but I think it's even too hot to get in the pool. I like the pool water to feel refreshing...not like a bath!
Kid in a Pool with a Shark
I hope you guys are staying cool today.

What do you do to beat the heat...and keep the kids happy?

Here's a picture of Kai, Ben and Kristian after VBS today...

4 comments:

Watkins said...

We saw Shaggy Dog at the movies and then borrowed the original from the library so Jamie could see the real thing. ha ha

The kids are so great at VBS especially yours. We had over 100 kids today. We look forward to having you at the Hawaiin theme night. Still trying to decide what to make/bring. Might grab some pineapple. Any ideas? Mel

Anonymous said...

The kids look so cute in their VBS shirts. Can't wait to see our VBS shirts...they should be ready soon. We're getting excited about VBS ... Willy Wonka Worship Factory. Good one ... chocolate and Jesus ... it don't get any better than that, does it? Can I use that as a promo? Feel free to promote our VBS to your friends. It's on the church blog.

Anonymous said...

To beat the heat we hide indoors and play board games and card games. Hi-Ho-Cherry-O, Candyland, Crazy-8's, you name it, we play it! Then in the evening when it's cooled down Andrew and I sit out on the front steps and watch the kids run around in the grass. Good times in the summer! Of course in the winter we spend a lot of days indoors trying to keep warm!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I stumbled upon your web site searching for the lyrics to "I lift my hands in the sanctuary" Wow you have a great family! I love the Spirit in your church! http://www.geocities.com/my6girls/index.html