Tuesday, August 15, 2006

20 more days till school starts.....sigh....

by teresa

No time to post today. I had some PTA clerical work to do...emails to write/answer and some calls to make....fun! We have a meeting on Thursday night and I needed to be caught up for it.
Also had to break up like a hundred fights between the boys today. For the past two days they have been at each others throats over the stupidest things. Like...he took a sip out of my drink...or he got a bigger cookie than me...or he put his pillow on my bed...or he called me a baby. It is really getting on my nerves. I can't even leave the room without all heck breaking loose. Yesterday Ben said something hateful to Nick...which resulted in Nick tossing a pillow from the couch at him...which hit my favorite lamp and broke it. grrrrr Tomorrow I am taking them to the same church that had the Artic Edge VBS we went to a few weeks ago. They are hosting a party for the kids and showing the new Veggie Tale movie.
After we get home from the movie I think I am going to break out the ol' arts and crafts box to keep the boys occupied. I would rather have glitter and beads all over the house...than enduring endless squabbles. I may even get desperate enough to pull out the "substance of satan"....or as you may know it...Playdough!
Then tomorrow night we are back at our church for the final night of VBS. It has been so much fun each evening. I have been averaging around 22 kids each night...and keeping them in control has exhausted me. But the kids are all so precious...giving me hugs and telling me ..."I wuv you Miss Tweesa!"