Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Cello

by teresa
Well, yesterday I took Nick to get a cello for school. They have the option in 5th grade to take strings or chorus....he wanted to take strings. And of course he couldn't pick the violin (we have 2 at home), he wanted to try the cello. So I took him to music and arts store so they could see what size cello he would need(there are 3 different sizes). He was all smiles! He also picked out a name tage for his case and a polishing cloth (he says he will buff it everday). I really think he will do well at this. He has been wanting to play an instrument for a long time. He looks up to his sister, who plays the violin, and loves to attend her concerts. Now...he says...you can go to my concerts! He is also excited about having to dress up and wear a tie for the performances. That's my Nicky! Ben...on the other hand....was beating on a pair of BONGO drums the ENTIRE time we were in the music store. He did'nt care that people were looking, he just BEAT BEAT BEAT! That's my Ben!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the concerts, Nicky. I didn't know cellos came in sizes.
Ben on the drums ... yep, that fits.