Saturday, September 17, 2005

Upgrades and Fire Alarms

It's a crazy week. 9:45 and I am waiting on the plane for the last leg of
a marathon week. (To Atlanta Monday night, back to home late Tuesday night
just to sleep, up to DC Wednesday first thing in the morning, DC to Atlanta
early Thursday .... Hopefully I'll be home for a few hours of sleep soon
before heading to Richmond for a morning meeting there).

In Atlanta, they gave me an upgrade on my room free. Two bedrooms, two
baths and three tv's all for me. I actually had to decide which bathroom
to shower in. ... I compared them, and finally decided to bathe in one and
do everything else in the other. Pretty good deal there ... No pesky steam
on the mirror. I even switched beds once, and watched all three tv's at
some point. Why get all that good upgraded stuff and not use it. It
evened out in DC. Stayed downtown to be close to the airport and metro
stop, but got sirens all night.

My room's fire alarm went off. Vert loud, with blinking strobe light. At
first, I wasn't sure where I was:(home? Atlanta? ... Oh yeah Washinton!
Those sirens are much louder. Why is the room blinking like that? That's
an alarm! Get dressed ... Can't leave in what I sleep in! In dress pants,
under shirt and no shoies I open the door, and the stupid thing just shuts
up. Weird. Nobody even came to check on me. Good thing there wasn't a
real fire. Traveling is always an adventure!

No comments: