Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Homework hazzard

by teresa
Today for homework, Ben had to look through magazines to find certain words, then cut them out and put them in his notebook. Well...... Ben had a real good time with this. He was like....YES....sicissors!! By the time he was done, the table looked as though we had just had a ticker- tate parade. His next assignment was for me to read him a book from our home library. As I was reading, I noticed him messing with his ear. He said....mommy I think a piece of paper got into my ear. What Ben? I think I have paper in my ear. I turned his head and looked. Nope....no paper. I continued to read. A minute later..........mommy......I really think there is paper in my ear. Good grief Ben. How in the world could paper be in your ear? I mean, I know you were in a cutting frenzy.....but I don't think it was enough to cause paper to shoot in your ear! He still whined.....so I turned him on his side under the lamp and pulled his ear open. Yep!! Paper!! Why in the world do my children do such ridiculous things all the time? It looked pretty far in. I think his picking at it may have pushed it even farther. I tell him we may have to go to the doctor to have it removed. He cries and tells me I'm scaring him. Good grief! So I got some tweezers, turned him on his side under a lamp, and carefully reached into his ear. Sooooooooooooo carefully! After a few minutes I was able to maneuver it out. It looked like the end of a rolled up cigarette. He had rolled up some scrap of paper and pushed it into his ear. Duh!! Don't ever put anything into your ear Ben.....I said. I didn't put it in, it just dropped in by itself....he said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I love the blog so I don't miss out on this stuff. Not as good as being there, but, it works. However, where is the picture of the evidence?