Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Day one

by teresa
I just got back from my first day working at Ben's school. I haven't felt this useful in a long time. My time at the security desk was pretty uneventful. A couple of parents bringing their kids in late, the fedex guy, and the mailman were the only people from the outside that entered on my watch. After a pat down...finger print scan...and a urine test.....they were allowed to pass. Just kidding! Ben's teacher saw me come in the office to check in. When I offered to do anything I could for her while I ran the desk, she got one of those cheshire cat grins on her face. She then ran upstairs to her class(three flights of stairs) and returned in about 5 seconds flat. She had green construction paper, sicsors, a pencil and a stencil of an aligator head. Hmmmmmmm.....what important job am I to do with these things??? Well, she told me.....I need you to trace and cut out 60 alligator heads!! Oh my! I got to work right away. She passed me about an hour later while leading Ben's class into the luchroom(Ben had the biggest grin on his face). Your doing a great job...she says. Yeah, I'm over half way through them....I brag. Great...because that is just for the letter A.... there is a different animal that needs to be cut out for every letter of the alphabet. Me and my big mouth! That's alright....I'll be back on thursday to tackle the B's. And I can't wait!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haven't felt useful? Are you kidding? You're the best Mom, wife and Sunday School Teacher ever ... not to mention all the other things you do for people. I thank God everyday for you, especially when I see all those little kids at the day care. I'm so grateful you are home with my grandchildren.