Friday, September 09, 2005

Filler up

by teresa
I finally had to get gas in the Chrysler this morning. We rented it last Friday, so it took a week for me to use the whole tank up. So, on the way to drop off Nick and Lauren at school, I went to citgo. It took a minute for a pump to be free and then I pulled up to one. I cut of the car, opened the door, and went to push the gas door button.... No button! Maybe it's a lever on the floor by my seat.....No lever! Hey , maybe there is a switch in the glove box to open it.....No switch! How the heck do I open this thing? Nick is laughing at me, Lauren is embarassed because by now, I have been circling the car for 10 minutes. People are coming and going and I'm still sitting ther with my head stuck up under my seat looking for WHATEVER opens the gas tank door! We even checked the owners manual, and it had nothing about opening the gas tank. Finally, this contruction worker guy notices my frustration, and walks towards my car after he pays for his gas. "This is a rental car", I say. "I havn't had to put gas in yet, so I don't know where the button is." He was very nice. He told me, sometimes there is a switch in the trunk. So I popped it, and looked in. As soon as my head was in the trunk I hear the man say, "I opened it". WHAT? HOW? WHAT DID YOU DO? Nothing, he says. I just pushed the gas door.....and it popped open. I felt like a complete idiot! I never thought to just pull it open. He was kind enough to not laugh at me to my face. I thanked him, and pumped away.

No comments: