Thursday, September 29, 2005

school supplies

by teresa
I like to have a stock pile of school supplies at all times. I load up in September with enough to last all three kids until the summer. But, I am very selfish with them. No one is to go into my school supply boxes without permission! Ever! If you need something, and I agree that you need it, then I will get it from the box for you. This way I am able to keep an inventory of what I have, avoiding those 7:00pm requests....mom, I need some posterboard for spanish tomorrow. You know what I mean. Nick has gotten fussed at at least three times already this school year for going in my box without my say so. He keeps getting more pencils(he took 50 to school the first day) and folders(he already has five for his subjects). This drives me crazy! And....I can ALWAYS tell if the box has been touched. Well.....the other evening......right before Lauren was going to bed she came in our room. Mom...she said.....I was in the school supplies this morning without asking. You were...I said....well what did you need? Ummmmm..... I forgot that I volunteered to bring in some supplies for needy children for Alpha. So what did you take? Notebooks. How many? Ummmmm. Three. OK.....that sounds reasonable...I said. Times (x) two.....she said. SIX? Good grief Lauren....I said. Plus (+) one! What? SEVEN? Yeah....she says.....and two packs of pencils. And.....I ask? Some folders. And....I ask? Some sisscors. Aarrrgh!

No comments: