Thursday, March 09, 2006

basketball widow

by teresa
I had a nice surprise today. Just as I was going out to check the mail(around 2:00)...Chris pulled up. Home from work early. Of course he was on his blackberry...chatting away with a coworker. But, at least he was home. He sat in the car for a few minutes talking....I busied straightening up the house. Took the trash out...washed off the counters...loaded the dishwasher...picked up all my books...sprayed febreeze...glimpsed myself in the mirror and went in the bathroom to put a brush through my hair (gotta look good for my man:). While I was doing this I heard him come in the door. How nice of him to come home to see me. I came around the corner...where had he gone? Honey...where are you? I looked in the kitchen...not in there. Hmmm. I heard the tv on...so went to investigate. He was sitting infront of the tv watching college basketball. It seems the Big East Conference quarterfinals are on starting this afternoon. And he had come home for that! He said...no...I came home for you baby! Right! After March Madness...I will get my husband back.

1 comment:

The Yanceys said...

I feel for you, because my husband does that to me during football season...but I have to brag Syracuse beat UConn!!!