Friday, March 17, 2006

Cell Phone Abuse

By Chris

In addition to getting my birthday stuff together, Lauren was also doing something typically Lauren last night. She's already on her second cell phone in less than a year after letting hers get in the water at the beach and buying a new one on eBay earlier in the year. She is rough on stuff. So, I walk in the kitchen late last night to find her with her cell phone, one of Teresa's old cell phones and a screwdriver laid out on the counter.

Lauren: Hey, do you know where my old cell phone is? I bet Nick took it. I looked in his room, but can't find it.

Me: I don't know. Why?

Lauren: There's screws missing from my phone (then demonstrates how one end can flip abnormally open)..

Me: Oh. I think it's in mom's stuff. How did that happen.

Lauren. I don't know. I drop it and stuff.

Me: hmm. o.k.


I've had a lot of cell phones, and have dropped them from time to time. But I have never even noticed that the things even have screws. Of course, she is the one who, after soaking her last phone, took it a part and blew her hair dryer on it to try to fix it.

Of course, I guess I can't talk too much, since I am actually without cell phone today myself, after my Blackberry finally died. It showed signs for a while, calling people indepent of me; letters sticking; freezing up; and other annoying stuff. I guess I was pretty rough on it. The last straw was the other day when the ear piece actually shocked me while I was on the phone. New one is set to arrive Monday.

No comments: