Wednesday, March 22, 2006

the "both ends"

by teresa
Sorry I didn't blog yesterday....but I was a sick puppy! I had the "both ends" as Christin calls it. It struck, out of the blue, during the boys karate class on Monday night. I had to sprint to the restroom. Oh my I felt lousy! I called Lauren from the bathroom stall. Please come get the boys from their class...I asked. I am going to bolt for my car and try to make it home in time (15-20 minutes away from karate). What does she say you ask. I don't think I remember how to get there...she says. I say...you have brought the boys many times....please, just hurry. By now someone has entered the restroom. I am trying to plead quietly. It is a small 2 stall room, right off the main dojo. So I am NOT about to be sick all up in this maama jaama! They would have to stop class because of the sounds and smells eminating from the door. I give Lauren a final plead...pllllleeeaaasseee! I get nothing! I hang up. I run to the front door. I jump in my car. I sped off leaving my children(bad mommy..bad mommy) in class. I call Chris. I tell him my predicament (Lauren, by the way, didn't even tell Chris). He says...no problem...I'm on my way. I speed even faster...huffing and puffing like I'm in labor or something! Kinda funny note...One the way home my radio was playing the William Tell overture. So at least my pain and agony had the proper accompaniment. Anyway....I'd like to tell you I made it home....but that's not true. So, I spent yesterday IN BED. All day! Chris stayed home and got the kids off to school. He brought me hot tea in bed and took the boys out to dinner and over to his moms to quiet the house. He also did their homework with them. This is not an easy feat with Ben (now he knows how much I go through each day). I had started back on phase one (southbeach) Monday morning...so this little episode jump started my weight loss. So at least there was an upside to it all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon! My sister-in-law and her family are all suffering from the "both ends" right now so we are staying far away from them. Our family had it bad last year, twice, and I DO NOT want to go through that again for a long, long time!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better today and that Chris helped you out so that you wouldn't have to do anything but take care of yourself.

Thanks, Chris. I love you for everything you do for my daughter.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better! Sorry you had to get sick to get a day in bed and jump start your diet, though. Having the boys and Christ come over was a pleasant surprist.