Tuesday, March 07, 2006

stay inside the lines

by teresa
Today they had me doing very important work at Ben's school. Coloring! Mrs. Parker, the kindergarden teachers asst. came and asked me if I could do something for her while I worked the security desk. Sure...I said. She brought down some worksheets and crayons. Huh? I needed to coloring each sheet for her. Color? Don't the kindergardeners do that yet? But...I don't ask...I just do! So I colored all day. I bared down way too hard. Now my hand feels like an elephant sat on it. good grief!

Then right before I left we had a bit of a drama. We got a phone call for Mrs. Meyer (the councelor). It was from her granddaughters babysitter. So we called for her. She got on the phone and started shaking...and crying...and shouting NO!NO!NO!. The principal and I ran over to her. She hung up ....said she had to leave and go to her daughter...and started sobbing. We were like...what the heck??? I of course thought the worse...like...is the kid dead? the principal guided her to her office and then down the hall, trying to get info. Once she came back she told me the babysitter tripped while carrying the baby. She fell on the baby and she thought the baby's arm was broken. Also the baby was acting lathargic. Scary! I'll be praying for them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I'd be freaking out too. I'll be praying for them too.

Anonymous said...

That IS scary. I hope the baby is okay. I know the babysitter must feel really bad, too.