Thursday, March 16, 2006

hey...where's my change?

by teresa
Yesterday morning Lauren drove Nick to school. On the way there she stopped off for gas. She pumped $10 worth...gave Nick a $20 and sent him inside to pay. Then she dropped him off and went to school. She then realized she forgot to get her change from Nick. She needed it for lunch money and such. So she drove back to Nick's school...went in the office and asked if he could be sent down for a minute. Lauren said that when he came into the office and saw her standing there he looked scared. She said ...Nick..let me have my money. He then fished through his pockets and brought out a balled up $5 and a $1. Where is the rest of my money...Lauren asked? Ummmmmm.....I might have gone by school bookstore and bought a few pencils (Nick has an obsession with mechanical pencils) after you dropped me off this morning. What?...she says. I think this is sooo funny! Nick didn't even mention it to me when he came home. Now Lauren knows how we feel. She's like a hoover when it comes to our money. She sucks our wallets empty. no no no...not a hoover. She's like a Swiffer! She cleans us out! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey ... Is this the same kid that is afraid to talk to adults? All fear is set aside when it comes to her money, huh ... especially lunch money.

To Novaks8 ... that's the rule at our house too ... only there's not limit on the amount :)