Saturday, March 25, 2006

Hands-On Soccer Fan

By Chris

Having moved up to the "big field" this year, Teresa and I talked about how fun it would be to just go and watch a soccer game with cousin Kai playing in the Tiny Tot league. You know, sit in the stands. Chit chat. Clap now and again. That's what "just fans" do, right? Well, I look up about a minute into quarter number one and Teresa is pacing the sidelines, cheering on Kai and giving helpful instructions, uttered loudly, to sis-in-law's team. "Don't stop . . . Go to the ball . . . get on the line . . . " I was like, "Besides Kai, those kids are going to be thinking, 'who's that crazy lady yelling at me? ' " Teresa claims she can't help it. Kai's her baby just as much as Ben and Kristian, who she coaches, and she's got the need to encourage, if you know what I mean. I said something to her during the game, and sis-in-law snaps back at me . . . "She's helping!" Hehehe. I've seen this before. It's admirable, really. Sis-in-law, mom-in-law and wife are a tight group. They stick together like birds of a feather. So if sis-in-law and cousin Kai are taking the field, so is Teresa!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun watching the kids play today. I loved watching Kai run. And, it's great that we are all so close and enjoy each other's company and to spend time with the other Nanny and George.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Karen ... we're so blessed to be part of the family. We love watching the kids and spending time with everyone too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.