Friday, March 10, 2006

my kids have a stalker...

by teresa
My kids have a stalker...it's me! I was driving to the post office today and passed by Ben's school. I saw that some children were out having recess. It is a beautiful 70 degree here in Chesapeake. I couldn't tell if it was Ben's class. So I circled around at the end of the street and made another pass. This time I spotted Ben...and he spotted me. So I knew I had to stop. So I circled around again at the end of the street so I could get a parking spot. I walked into the playground and over to his teacher. We sat on the bench and chatted while the kids played. Ben (and all the kids) seemed excited that I was there. I was telling his teacher how I remember my nanny telling me a story of when I was in preschool near her house. My school was on a major street where she would have to pass to do most of her errands. So she would try to zoom by unnoticed. Only to look in her rear view mirror to she me following her car down the street with my eyes. She would get a few blocks away and then have to turn around out of guilt. She said she knew I wanted her. So she would come pick me up early and call my mother at work and tell her she had me. I remember this so vividly! I would stand in the playground...wishing she would pass! That's why I had to pull over once Ben saw me. I miss my nanny! I don't have her here with me anymore...but at least I have those memories. And a promise to be reunited one day.... Anyway, how did this blog turn to mushy stuff all of a sudden? Getting back to my original story..here are some pics. of Ben at recess with his teacher Mrs. Keagy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think of Momma picking you up from that preschool every Tuesday when I pass by it to go to Daddy's house.

Memories are so wonderful. It really can take you back.