Wednesday, March 15, 2006

muzzle?? We don't need no stinkin muzzle!

by teresa
Shorty's vet appointment went perfect this morning. I was a little worried that he would be rude with the vet again since Chris was not going. But I was determined to do it on my own. When the vet walked into the room and saw who we were, he said...Oh, your husband is not here. I will go and get the muzzle. I said..no! He will be fine with me! He then looked in the file and showed me the notes he had taken from the last time I brought Shorty on my own. I assured him things would be different. He got the muzzle anyway. He said...at the sign of any attitude I'm going to have to muzzle him. I was like...whatever. He came in and did his entire exam. I even lifted Short's lips to check his teeth (still no attitude). Then he got his shots. He was shaking like crazy the whole time...but no attitude. I had a tight hold around his head and body the whole time. I just kept my face against his telling him how much I love him. Then the vet needed to take blood from his front paw. He said...hold him tight now! I was squeezing the crud out of that dog. The vet said...he is snarling...but no growling. He didn't like the guy all up in his grill. After he was done the vet said....I am really proud of you.....and you too Shorty! What a smartmouth! I guess now we all know who the Alpha dog is around here now!! Ruf Ruf! Anyway...alls good with Shortman. Weight, eyes, ears, teeth, poop, the whole shebang! So we got our new rabies tag and a year supply of his heartworm prevention tablets and headed home (to the poop smelling house). I gave him some canadian bacon as a treat when we got home. Now he is sleeping off all his morning excitement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the smell from your house tranquilized him.