Tuesday, June 27, 2006

and I know...he watches over me....

by teresa

Yesterday the boys and I had a very close call on the way to karate. As we got to the end of our street (which is a lighted intersection) we waited to turn right because we had a red light and there was a big postal truck coming down the road we needed to turn on. As his light turned yellow he punched the brakes, but was going too fast (it rained all day, so the roads were slick). He should have just gone through the yellow light because he lost control and spun sideways....plowing right towards us. It looked like a train jumping the tracks...very scary! AND LOUD...the brakes were making this horrible screeching noise. I looked behind me and saw no one...so I put my car in reverse and pealed back a bit...knowing it was going to hit us...but hoping I could get far enough back to ease the impact. The boys FA-REAKED! At the last second the truck must of hit a slicker spot...because it did another half spin and nailed a telephone pole (ripping off it's hood) to the left of us. And then it stopped...about 50 feet from our car! But wait...there's more...then the telephone pole came down! It teetered this way and that....then it fell towards the truck and stopped right before it hit it. It had overhead lines connecting it over our heads to another power pole on our side of the street. Then that pole pulled toward us. By this point the boys were both sobbing from what they had seen. I sped around the corner as fast as my soccer mom minivan cold take us! By the time we turned like 40 people had run out of homes and businesses to help the truck driver. He looked alert and was getting out of the truck...so we drove off. The boys cried almost the whole way to karate. Nick stoped crying and said a prayer aloud for the drivers safety and for protecting us. He said..."Mom, I think God's hand came down and stopped that truck from hitting us". I think Nick's right! Thank you God...for keeping us safe!
It makes you think...like what if we hadn't forgotten their karate bag as we were pulling out of the driveway. We had to go back in the house and get it. That took at least 2 minutes. We would have been to that light before that truck ever got down the street. Then our car wouldn't have triggered that yellow light...and the truck would have been fine. There's a reason for everything...it's all God's plan. Maybe it kept me from greater harm further down the road.....or as the man gets checked at the hospital for his minor injuries...they will find something serious that needs to be dealt with... something treatable in it's early stages that he could have died from in a few months if gone untreated. Am I weird to think things like this? Stuff like this goes through my head alot.
Anyway...I hope you guys all had an uneventful day yesterday. Today the boys and I are headed to the dollar movies to see RV with Robin Williams...then to karate for double lessons. So I'll check back with you tonight.

God's Hand In The Clouds
picture taken of God's hand in the clouds....cool!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you guys are alright! There's nothing like a close call to realign your priorities and make you appreciate your family a whole lot more!

Anonymous said...

It is good to be reminded occasionally that God has everything under control and His angels are protecting us.

Love the cloud. It really does look like hands. Like they are saying "come to me."

Anonymous said...

Thank god you are okay, but i WOULD HAVE STOPED. To at least check on the driver!!

Gidget said...

Did you mean to say stopped to check on the driver?
I wasn't sure since you spelled in incorrectly. :)

As I said in the story...he was getting out of his truck with at least 40 people around him. I'm not too sure that a woman with two sobbing...tramatized children in the car could have been much of a help...but maybe I'm wrong.

Anonymous said...

Bright idea, hope there can be more useful articles about ndsl .

Thank you so much for sharing some great ideas of ez flash vi dsi with us, they are helpful.

I appreciate your bright ideas in this m3i zero article. Great work!

You have given us some interesting points on r4 . This is a wonderful article and surely worth reading.

Your do have some unique ideas here and I expect more r4 ds articles from you.

Great article, it's helpful to me, and I also like the useful info about r4i sdhc .

I am glad to read some fantastic acekard 2i cards article like this.

I love this ndsi console article since it is one of those which truly convey useful ideas.

This is the best ds lite crystal clear article I have ever found on the Internet.

It has been long before I can find some useful articles about dstt

multimedia card for nds and nds lite
. Your views truly open my mind.

Anonymous said...

Bright idea, hope there can be more useful articles about glasses online.

Great article, it's helpful to me, and I also like the useful info about glasses.

We share the opinion on eyewear and I really enjoy reading your article.

I greatly benefit from your articles every time I read one. Thanks for the eyeglasses frames info, it helps a lot.

This cheap eyeglasses article is definitely eye-opening and inspiring.

Your do have some unique ideas here and I expect more prescription glasses articles from you.

Excellent point here. I wish there are more and more reading glasses articles like that.

I really like this eyeglass frames article, and hope there can be more great resources like this.

I love this glasses article since it is one of those which truly convey useful ideas.

What an inspiring article you wrote! I totally like the useful eyeglasses frams info shared in the article.

I like your ideas about prescription eyeglasses and I hope in the future there can be more bright articles like this

from you.

Good job for writing this brilliant article of sports eyeglasses.

Thank you so much for sharing some great ideas of glasses online with us, they are helpful.

It has been long before I can find some useful articles about oakley-glasses.

Your views truly open my mind.

This is the best gucci-glasses article I have ever found on the Internet.

You have given us some interesting points on prada-glasses. This is a wonderful

article and surely worth reading.

I am glad to read some fantastic rayban-glasses article like this.

I appreciate your bright ideas in this giorgio-armani-glasses article.

Great work!

I totally agree with you on the point of emporio-armani-glasses. This

is a nice article for sure.

Great resources of police-glasses! Thank you for sharing this with us.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your bright ideas in this chanel-glasses article. Great work!

I love this levis-glasses article since it is one of those which truly convey

useful ideas.

You have given us some interesting points on maxmara-glasses. This is a

wonderful article and surely worth reading.

Great article, it's helpful to me, and I also like the useful info about tag-heuer-

glasses
.

I am glad to read some fantastic silhouette-glasses article like this.

This is the best cartier-glasses article I have ever found on the Internet.

What an inspiring article you wrote! I totally like the useful nikon-glasses

info shared in the article.

This sk-soolk-glasses article is definitely eye-opening and inspiring.

Bright idea, hope there can be more useful articles about dior-glasses.

We share the opinion on seiko-glasses and I really enjoy reading your article.

I like your ideas about dupont-glasses and I hope in the future there can be

more bright articles like this from you.

Excellent point here. I wish there are more and more rodenstock-glasses

articles like that.

I really like this miumiu-glasses article, and hope there can be more great

resources like this.

Your do have some unique ideas here and I expect more ports-glasses articles

from you.

I greatly benefit from your articles every time I read one. Thanks for the boss-

glasses
info, it helps a lot.

It has been long before I can find some useful articles about alain-mikli-

glasses
. Your views truly open my mind.

Great resources of calvin-klein-glasses! Thank you for sharing this with

us.
Bright idea, hope there can be more useful articles about glasses online.