Monday, June 12, 2006

You Should Know By Now!

By Chris

O.k. Have to vent on teenage daughter a bit. She's 17 . . . driving now . . . lots of freedom. I think we're pretty good with her too. She doesn't even have set curfew (I don't get the curfew thing. So, you say your kid has to be in every night by 11 p.m. That, to me, is a free ride to do whatever you want before 11 p.m. Pretty much everything I don't want her to do can be done before 11 p.m. . . . or anytime for that matter. But, hey, she would be home by eleven!). So, we say tell us what you want to do, and we'll tell you when to be home. Done by 7 p.m.? Well, be home at 7:20. No unaccounted for time is our key. Heck, if she gave me a real good reason that she was doing some legitimate thing I could check on, she could come in at 2 a.m. (have not seen that legitimate thing yet!). We also say, when you leave any location for another, call and ask first (not when you get to the next destination). And, we never say no. We just have to know (going to Jasmine's . . . . fine. Call us when you get there from her phone so we can see it on the caller id). Yet, she slips on the prior notification a lot. I don't get it. Just call!!! Last night, it happened again. She headed off to church. It was getting a little late, so we put out a call. "Where are you" . . . . "Barnes and Noble," she says, not even getting it. Well, Barnes and Noble AIN"T CHURCH!!! She says: "You should know by now that I go out after church every Sunday." AHHHHH#$??@! Yeah, and she should know she has to call before doing that. Right? I mean, we would let her go. So now, she shall pay! Stay tuned for how!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it always the easiest to follow rules that get ignored?

Anonymous said...

Oh man, Amber had the hardest time with that rule.

I never understood it because we never said no either.