Thursday, June 29, 2006

I'm all washed up!

by teresa
Okay...now this is too weird! You know how I told you our dryer was broken? And that I was having to take my clothes over to moms to dry.....and the repair man is coming today? Well, Tuesday night....mom's dryer broke too! And also...my sister's broke this past weekend. I think that is too weird! So this forced me to take drastic measures and take my clothes up to the ....dun dun duuuuun (dramatic music) coin operated laundry place! I have NEVER been in a pay and wash before. I took my 4 tubs of wet clothes and my two boys to the closest one I could find. Luckily there was only one older man in there washing...so we had our pick of dryers. The woman who worked there came from behind her bullet proof window (I swear...that's what it looked like) to help me. I think she could tell I was a newbie. I pulled out a $20 and asked her for change...she had none, but said I could put it in the change machine in the back. She followed me over (I kinda gave her a ....dude, your in my personal space, look). She smiled and said....it's going to be just like hitting the slots when you put that $20 in there! I guess this gave her a thrill...because the whole time this machine was spitting out my quarters....this woman stood there whooping and cheering! Oh my Lord! She advised me as to how many quarters I should put in each machine...and then she scurried off to the back chairs to watch Jerry Springer (I kid you not). Since the boys and I already have every episode of Jerry Springer on dvd (kidding people) we headed out to the car to watch Aquamarine (real cute movie by the way!). Twenty six minutes later (and for $4)...all four of those tubs were dry and folded. MAN...I HAVE GOT TO GET ME ONE OF THOSE INDUSTRIAL DRYERS...AND PUT IT IN MY GARAGE!! Here's a couple of pictures from our adventure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really weird!

I haven't been to a laundry area since we lived in an apartment in Raleigh when David was at NC State.

I don't miss it.

Anonymous said...

Bright idea, hope there can be more useful articles about ndsl .

Thank you so much for sharing some great ideas of ez flash vi dsi with us, they are helpful.

I appreciate your bright ideas in this m3i zero article. Great work!

You have given us some interesting points on r4 . This is a wonderful article and surely worth reading.

Your do have some unique ideas here and I expect more r4 ds articles from you.

Great article, it's helpful to me, and I also like the useful info about r4i sdhc .

I am glad to read some fantastic acekard 2i cards article like this.

I love this ndsi console article since it is one of those which truly convey useful ideas.

This is the best ds lite crystal clear article I have ever found on the Internet.

It has been long before I can find some useful articles about dstt

multimedia card for nds and nds lite
. Your views truly open my mind.

Anonymous said...

Bright idea, hope there can be more useful articles about glasses online.

Great article, it's helpful to me, and I also like the useful info about glasses.

We share the opinion on eyewear and I really enjoy reading your article.

I greatly benefit from your articles every time I read one. Thanks for the eyeglasses frames info, it helps a lot.

This cheap eyeglasses article is definitely eye-opening and inspiring.

Your do have some unique ideas here and I expect more prescription glasses articles from you.

Excellent point here. I wish there are more and more reading glasses articles like that.

I really like this eyeglass frames article, and hope there can be more great resources like this.

I love this glasses article since it is one of those which truly convey useful ideas.

What an inspiring article you wrote! I totally like the useful eyeglasses frams info shared in the article.

I like your ideas about prescription eyeglasses and I hope in the future there can be more bright articles like this

from you.

Good job for writing this brilliant article of sports eyeglasses.

Thank you so much for sharing some great ideas of glasses online with us, they are helpful.

It has been long before I can find some useful articles about oakley-glasses.

Your views truly open my mind.

This is the best gucci-glasses article I have ever found on the Internet.

You have given us some interesting points on prada-glasses. This is a wonderful

article and surely worth reading.

I am glad to read some fantastic rayban-glasses article like this.

I appreciate your bright ideas in this giorgio-armani-glasses article.

Great work!

I totally agree with you on the point of emporio-armani-glasses. This

is a nice article for sure.

Great resources of police-glasses! Thank you for sharing this with us.