Tuesday, June 06, 2006

the ants go marching one by one....The little one stops to suck his thumb...And they all go marching down to the ground...To get out of the rain....

by teresa
Wow...
I can't believe I never got a chance to blog yesterday. I was literally busy from sun-up to sundown. I had skipped laundry for a couple of days over the weekend(I know...shame on me). So I had some major loads to get done. I started around 5:30am and continued through the day. But not just clothes...I washed everyones bed clothes (I know...I have redeemed myself) and even all the boys tennis shoes. They were looking kinda grubby! And y'all know I love they boys in bright white tennis shoes! So as I sit her writing this, the only things that will be in the hamper once the family wakes....is pajamas. YES! YES! YES!
Yesterday also consisted of 101 errands. Stuff like post office, pharmacy,grocery store(when your out of Tide, toilet paper and soda a trip to the grocery store is a must),office max, Lowes and Bed Bath and Beyond. Chris has been complaining about our bedding for a long while now. Not the bedspread(which is beautiful shades of purple) but the under covers and pillows. He travels enough that he is spoiled by the Marriot bedding. He says the hotel is the only place he gets a "heavenly" nights sleep. He was waking up here with back aches and neck cramps. So....I went to BB&B yesterday and hooked my baby up! Satin sheets and pillow cases...those Marriot pillows...the goose down mattress cover and matching comforter. I brought it all home, cleaned everything and put the bed together. I was so excited for him to come home that I almost called and spilled the beans several times during the afternoon. But I heal out...and his face when he went up to change out of his suit after work was all smiles! We both climbed right in to see if it was as comfortable as it looked. IT WAS!! It's so fluffy though, once we climb on top of all the "fluff" our noses just about touch the ceiling...hee hee.
I also had to write up letters to the parents in Nick's class about their end of the year party next week. I also had to get a new calendar. As much as I love this one (and I'll still use it for current reminders) I needed a whole year at a glance (monthly). The kids had things going on in July and August that I just had to get down on paper or they would be overlooked. So I found a calendar and come home and filled it up through the summer months. It feels good to have everything written down (all three church camps, cheering conditioning and tryouts, karate events, Nick's summer school (a two week foreign language introduction), vacations,Chris' out of town days, etc.)
Another "have to" errand was to find some Ant Killer. I hate ants...and we get them in the kitchen this time every year. Right around the sink/counter top. There's hundreds of the little buggers...ad when it rains....they triple! YUCK! So I placed some liquid ant traps all over and outside the house. I hope it does the job!
I also started looking trough all my craft stuff to put a "kids craft" kit together for our vacation. A little of this and a little of that. All of this....and a couple of those. It keeps them busy in between activities and from driving us CRAZY! Last year I even took playdough...big mistake! Let's just say it cost us half of our down payment (Kristian + playdough + carpet = bye bye security deposit :(
Well, I'm off to wake the kids and take them to school. Everyone was in bed and asleep by 8:30pm last night(even Lauren)...so I shouldn't be met by grumpy sleepyheads.
I have to go to Ben's school early this morning for the annual volunteers breakfast. Should be fun. See y'all later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

only pajamas?

You are officially not my friend anymore.

hmmph.

No, for real, come on down here for about a week and help me get all ours done.