Sunday, June 04, 2006

weekend at a glance

by teresa
It has been such a busy weekend so far. Saturday morning the boys and I headed out early. Their Karate school had their annual kick-a-thon fundraiser. The participants kick (4) fifteen minute rounds. All the kicks have to be above the waist and also each have a chamber and a recoil(knee up...kick...knee back up...leg down). They also could do machine gun kicks(leg is extended up to the side and kicked repeatedly without placing back on the ground...very hard). They get a 15 minute break in between each round to stretch and drink a little gatorade. They get people to pledge an amount per kick. The boys had a great time and I even got to be a counter. Together the boys kicked 11,075 kicks. Man...were they beat when we got home!
Chris decided not to come with us. So he got several hours of alone time. Unfortunately it rained all day long...so he couldn't play with his basketball hoop. So he said he ended up watching 4 episodes of Dharma and Greg. Then he cleaned out the refridgerator and microwave...then vacuumed downstairs. I know....you are jealous right? I was very pleased...and I rewarded him greatly!! I got him a hot fudge sundae. What? You were thinking of something else? Like I said..the boys were so tired when we got home. They ate a late lunch and we ALL went upstairs and layed down. Okay...get ready to be jealous again....I took a three hour nap!! That's right! Chris got up and came downstairs when the boys got up. And I just kept on sleeping. When I woke up I felt like I had been run over by a train. Yes..I do have a great husband. But, as wonderful as he is...he still says things sometime that make me want to knock him upside his head. For instance...Friday night as we were walking into Carrabba's restaurant he leans down to me and says..."hey, you have a big, gray stripe on the top of your head...did you know that?" Grrrrr!
Then yesterday evening I had nuked me one of those weight watcher dinners. He walks by and says," wow...TWO PEICES of buttered toast...how many point are THOSE?" Grrrr! Then last night we were sitting on the couch watching tv and he kept blurting out.."DID YOU FART?" I'd be like...NO! Then a few minutes later he would ask again..."DID YOU FART? YOU DID DIDN'T YOU! TELL ME! I CAN SMELL IT!" Geesh! Leave me alone already!
Friday night was the big basketball game. The Heat vs. the Pistons. The Heat won...which makes me very happy. They will be starting the championship games (best of 7) next Thursday against the Mavericks. Sorry Melissa... but Phoenix lost last night to Dallas.
Today...after church...Katy brought over food to grill out. She bought everything and treated us to steak, hamburgers, hotdogs and baked potatoes. Yummy! Oh yeah...and one of those cheescake assortment platters. Thanks Katy!! We all enjoyed it so much!
Then Lauren and her friends came and everybody got in mom's pool. I think the kids will conk out good tonight. With a bellies full of red meat and pool water!
Chris says he is going to start his own blog. He says I have taken over this one and that when he posts something you guys are like....who cares...bring back Teresa! lol When he set it up back in August...I was terrified to post anything. I would write things and edit them over and over before posting. Now...this blog is a big part of my life. You guys are my friends...my for real friends. I look forward to hearing how your kids did in the big game....if your feeling good....if your house is clean...your trips to target...etc. Your lives mirrors my life. It's pretty cool. What in the world did I do before I had this outlet?
Hope you guys had a grat weekend...I'll look forward to reading about it all tomorrow morning. Until then....to infinity...and beyond! (we wathced Toy Story for the umpteenth time last night...can you tell?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww

I love you too!

I hope to be able to get together with you soon.

Anonymous said...

We need more monkeys! (We watch Toy Story a lot, too.)

I love blogging, too. I just started up my blog a couple of months ago. Before that, I thought bloggers were silly and just didn't really see the point. I only started my blog because I accidentally found MSN Spaces and was having fun playing around with setting it up and then decided I should probably actually write something. Since then I've had a blast! I've made some really good friends and it's a great outlet for me. I enjoy reading about you and your family and am glad that you enjoy reading about us as well!

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»