Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I should have just booked our vacation at a nude beach and saved myself the headache!

by teresa
The kids and I went to the mall this evening before church. Lauren was in dire need of a new bathing suit....JC Penney's was having a sale! I know...I know....two rambunctious boys...shopping for a bathing suit for their teenage sister....AM I CRAZY? Yes I am! Between her work...school...karate and church...this was just about our only free afternoon to get this done before we leave on vacation next week. She tried on a gazillon(seriously...a gazillion)....the boys were so restless. They were knocking over displays, chasing each other and then of course...FIGHTING! I had to separate them...so I brought Ben in the dressing room area with me while Lauren was inside. Nick sat in a chair by the door. How do I know he sat there like I asked him to? Because he set of that doorbell signal (so the clerks know someone has entered the dressing rooms) about two hundred times while I was inside! I was about to take some of those crotch stickers(you know the ones they put in the bottom of swimsuits for sanitary purposes) and bind his arms behind his back! Ben was being exemplary too. Climbing up on the tops of the doors...and peeking over! When Lauren opened the door to show me one of the bathing suits (which was a tad bit tiny on her...revealing LOTS of skin), Ben shouts for the whole place to hear....EWWWW....SISSY LOOKS GROSS! I CAN SEE HER BOOBIES! To which Lauren responds by turning around and mooning the both of us right then and there. Good grief! She's such a dainty little princess...NOT! We finally found a perfect one. Very becoming....halter style...great colors(turquoise and aqua)...and on sale too. After our shopping fun I rewarded my perfectly behaved children with dinner in the foodcourt. Afterwards we went to church. While in the nursery with mom and Katy... I tell them that we just got back from the mall buying Lauren a swimsuit. Mom says...I bought myself one the other day online. It was from JC Penney and it is sooo cute! She says...it is brown and torquoise, with a halter top. I was like...NO FLIPPING WAY! Once we got home we looked online. Yep...they got the SAME bathingsuit! Can you believe it? There is one difference though...Lauren's has regular bikini briefs, and mom got the swim mini with hers. So it won't be EXACTLY the same. I hope Lauren finds this as amusing as I do once she gets home from youth group! Wearing the same bathingsuit as your grandma is always a big hit with the teenagers these days! Well let me go...I'm going to take a couple tylenol (gee...I wonder why I have a headache?) and hit the hay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should'nt tell Lauren and jut let her find out the first time everyone hits the beach! Just make sure you take pictures of the look on her face when she realizes that she and Grandma are twins!

Anonymous said...

You'll definitely have to get a picture of the two of us. It will be really funny.