Friday, June 09, 2006

now I know my ABC's....next time won't you sing with me

by teresa

Yeah....Blogger is letting me on!!!

I tried to post several times yesterday....and blogger kept shutting me out. Boooooo!

It is pouring here in Va. this morning. I had to frantically look for Ben's raincoat as the bus was coming around the corner. I offered to take him...but he said,"Just get me a coat...I want to ride the bus!" The only things I could find quickly was his ski coat and Kai's old jacket he left here a while back(which is 2 sizes too small for Ben). We went with Kai's jacket. If you've seen the movie Tommy Boy with Chris Farley....when he puts on David Spades coat...and it's busting at the seams and half up his arms....well that's what Ben looked like. Too funny! *fat guy in a little coat...fat guy in a little coat*

Lauren had her last Orchestra concert last night. She has played the violin since grade 5...and decided to pass on it her senior year. Her schedule for next year(I can't believe she is going to be a senior) is going to be great. Teachers of Tomorrow(yes, she wants to be a teacher), Yearbook, honors english 12, Marine biology and honors government 12. Most of them are half year classes (block schedules) so she will get out by lunch each day. So the first half of the year she will have T of T...yearbook...English. Second half of year Yearbook...biology...government. We will expect GREAT things from her with such a slack schedule!

Today I actually have nothing on my calendar. After I got the kids off to school I did label and stuff some envelopes for Chris' work. He says I am quick and efficient...and cheap!
I was wanting to do some yard work...but with the rain and all...I guess it will have to wait till tomorrow. My laundry is all done (even last nights jammies are washed and back in the drawers). The only bad thing about doing the laundry so quickly is that I accidently dress the kids in the same clothes for two days in a row. They are always back in the closet by the next morning...so I can't ever remember what they just wore. I guess I'll dust and vacuum....blah!

Ben is very excited that the movie CARS is finally coming out today. We saw the preview for it in theatres like a year ago! He has been anxiously awaiting it ever since! Tonight is his turn to spend the night with Nanny Jackie and George. The grandparents always have the kids take turns to avoid fighting and also so the kid can experience some "only child" time. Maybe THEY can take him to see the movie....are you reading this Jackie?? I said maybe THEY can take them to see the movie! *hint hint* :0)

Lauren is going over "a friends" house tonight to watch movies. Notice how I put that in quotation marks? I'll just leave it at that...for now!

Yesterday Ben came home from school with something very special. The completed alphabet book. You know....THE alphabet book I have been working on since my first day volunteering at Ben's school. I wrote about it often. Remember?

Oh yeah...my sister Katy got a new car. Well...not a new car...just new to her. She had been driving moms old 93 GMC Jimmy for the past few years. It seats 5. And with 3 kids of her own, and babysitting 2 there was no way to go anywhere. If we were to meet at the park I would have to stop by and pick half of them up. Also the Jimmy had NO air conditioning. So the kids looked like melting popsicles everytime they came over. She found a really nice 2001 caravan. Now they have plenty of room for all those kids, carseats and strollers. Her and the kids are so excited. She brought it over last night and Kai was giving us the grand tour...."here are the dry cleaning hooks, here are the air vents, here are the seat belts..etc"

I am going to hop in the shower and get a few things done...I'll meet you back her in a bit. Happy Friday!
Here's some pictures of my....I mean Ben's artwork!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh no!
It is raining there?

We had terrible storms last night but it is sunny today.

I hope Jordan doesn't get rained on!