Sunday, June 25, 2006

Home Sweet Home

by teresa
The family and I are back from vacation. It was a perfect week....sunshine days(mid 80's), cool breezy nights, lots of good food. It only rained once...for about an hour! At night we watched movies (aquamarine, Pink Panther, Cheaper by the Dozen 2)...and played video games (Ms. PacMan and DigDug). We also kept up with So You Think You Can Dance...I L-O-V-E Travis and Martha! He's from our neck of the woods (Va. Beach)...and she's from NC. Not a bad combo! Also we watched the NBA finals. Very exciting! Especially when your team WINS!!! Yeah Miami!
I tried to blog while on vacation...but could only get good connections two times all week. But that's good I guess...I filled my time playing with the kids and reading 2 good books (My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult...and Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan).
I think we are going to try for another vacation sometime this summer. With just our family. It was great having everybody with us(especially my mom and dad. George and Jackie have gone on our vacations many times...but this was the first time my parents came)...but the kids act different around other people. They compete for attention from the grandmas and play with their cousins instead of each other. This always leads to someone feeling left out (NICK) and hurt feelings. You also have to be guarded about how loud they get playing. Always shushing them and telling them to turn down the music and videos games.
Chris did well this week....remember, he is NOT A BEACH PERSON! The kids and I could go to the beach everyday of the summer (I have made a vow to myself to go at least once a week this summer...we only live 15 minutes from Va.Beach)...but Chris hates SAND! Isn't that funny? You go for a week long beach vacation...and you hate sand! He sucked it up by day 2 and came out to the beach with us. The kids had a great time swimming and boogie boarding with him all week. Chris had a good time too. Oh..but did I mention the water was FAREEZING? Oh My! I have never been so cold in my life. It was so cold that you NEVER got used to it...NEVER! We were in there for hours and my body was half numb and half stinging from the water temp. I will never complain about mom's pool being cold again...now that I have experienced...ADVANCED COLD!
I hope all you guys hav had a blessed week...and I look forward to jumping back in the blogging world where I left off. I'm off now to wake the kids for church. I have to help teach the puppet/snack class today for the 3-6 year olds. I really enjoy this so much. Especially at prayer request time...whoo...the stuff you hear there :)
I'll talk at ya'll later...Peace Out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! We missed you! Sounds like you guys had a great time. We're saving up to go to Phoenix this next Christmas, so we don't get a vacation this summer. :(