Tuesday, June 06, 2006

my day...

by teresa
I had a really nice day today. Although I jinxed myself by saying I was caught up with the laundry. Someone (who shall remain nameless) had an accident in bed last night. So that meant 4 tubs worth of sheets, mattress pads, comforters and pillows (yes, it got on the pillows too). But ...by the time the boys came home from school...the beds were all put back together...yeah me!
The volunteer breakfast was super! I forgot my camera...which really ticks me off! First the kindergarteners came in and sang us a song...then Ben and 5 other 1st graders came in (each holding a letter spelling out the word THANKS...Ben was the A). They each recited a poem that started with their corresponding letter. TOO CUTE! AND NO CAMERA!! One of the other...good mommies took a picture of him and is emailing it to me. Yeah!
Then the second graders and third graders read poems and sang songs to us. It was actually quite moving...with lots of mommies tearing up. Then they had some yummy breakfast food to indulge in while they presented us with certificates and gifts. It really was lovely.
After school I came home and finished up the laundry...then hit a couple of thrift stores. Didn't get much...I think out of the three I went to...I spent like 4 bucks. I also stopped by Barnes and Noble to pick up a surprise for Ben. He didn't know it but a new Junie B. Jones came out. And you all know how much of a Junie B. nut that kid is. I surprised him at bedtime with it. We finished up the last 10 pages of this....and then I said...let's read a little of this one too...and I pulled it out from the pillow. The kid FREAKED OUT!! we only got to about page 40 before he was out. I was going to invite Nick in to lay with us...but just like always he was already asleep before I could peek in on him.
That kid loves to go to bed. He's like an old man! He has his shower...get in his jammies...turns on his NPR...and out goes the lights! I even offer for him to have the tv on sometime...he wants nothing to do with that. Too funny!
We also had karate (double lessons) this afternoon. Ben and I did his homework during Nick's lessons...and Nick and I did puzzles in his Jack and Jill magazine during Ben's lessons. Before and after every karate session the class "prays in" and "prays out". They ask the kids to raise their hands if they want to pray. There are some pretty funny ones sometimes. Today...one kid prayed protection over the class so no one would get a boo boo...and that his mom would stop yelling all the time! TOO FUNNY! The woman looked like she was going to die! hee hee In another class a kid says....I just want to thank the Lord for ...hermit crabs!...Amen! That totally cracked me up. Being a sunday school teacher for many years(3,4,5,6yr olds)...you get to her some doozies from the children during prayer request times. Parents..just know....they see everything....and they tell everything!!
Well...tomorrow is field day at Nick's school (Ben's is next week) so I will be heading over there for part of the day. Hope you guys had a good day...and I'll talk at ya in the am!
*sweet dreams*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never remembered to bring my camera anywhere, but now I have a cell phone that takes pictures too and I never forget my phone.

It's funny that you mention the kids prayers. Last night when Ethan was saying bed time prayers for us, he said, "Thank you for Mommy and Daddy and Gideon and Aurora and thank you Father for the little piggies that went to market." Andrew and I had all we could do to keep from bursting out laughing right there! It was so cute!

Anonymous said...

We need to turn Nick on to conservative talk radio ... that liberal NPR stuff might corupt the child's mind :)