Monday, June 12, 2006

rain rain go away...come again another day...

by teresa

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. Went to church...then came home and grilled some hotdogs for lunch. We all lazed around most of the day. Reading the paper and watching tv together. Later in the afternoon Nick layed down and took and nap and Ben and Chris went outside and played basketball drills for over 2 hours! I sat out there and watched them. I did go over a few times and try to shoot. Ben would laugh at me...and then I would return to my chair and lemonade. Once the kids were showered and in bed Chris and I watched game 2 of the NBA finals. Which the HEAT lost again! Now the series in 2-0 in favor of the Mavericks! BOO!! The one cool thing about the game though was that Elliot Yamin sang the national anthem before the game. He did pretty good too...except for some weird giggling and hesitation by him at the beginning of the song.

Today has been raining and blah!

The kids all got up good though...looking forward to starting this last week of school. For the boys the last week is slack. Full of parties, field days, assemblies and such. For Lauren the last week means FINAL EXAMS! Don't those words just send shivers down your spines? It does mine!
Nick's school called awhile ago. Apparently Nick threw up and I needed to get there immediately! So off I went. I get there and he is SOAKED from head to toe. GROSS! Another mom was walking in with me. We got to talking and realized her daughter was in Nick's class too. Nick comes around the corner grinning from ear to ear. He didn't look sick to me! I as him..."did you get nauseous?" Nope...he says. The girl beside me at the lunch table threw up....so I threw up! And then he just chuckles. Man did he REEK something awful too! I told the office lady that he wasn't sick...he just has a weak stomach (like me). She said that the rules state... if a child throws up ...a child goes home! So Nick got a get out of jail...I mean school free card! I brought him home...had him shower...and burned his clothes! Just kidding...I rinsed them in the garage sink and put them in the washer. He is upstairs now laying across his bed watching tv in his jammies.
Cause MY rules are....if a child comes home sick...a child goes to bed!

Tonight Chris and I are taking the boys to see the movie CARS. Vrrrooom! I hope it's as good as all it's hype.
I hope all of you guys are having blue skies and sunshine! Talk to you later....

2 comments:

Gidget said...

Eew. That fence and yard look pretty yucky post construction project. Somebody needs to till and make some new flower beds!
Chris.

Anonymous said...

Awe man ... we were supposed to take Ben to see Cars last weekend. Now I feel really guilty. Maybe we can go see Garfield while on vacation. Is there a movie theater anywhere near the beach house?