Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Almost Home

By Chris

Sitting in my favorite spot, the Atlanta airport, looking to be home in a
few hours. Uneventful trip so far this time. All planes and trains on
time. I used a traveling trick today that points out the stupidity of the
airline rules. Realizing I needed a later flight, I called to see how full
the flight after mine was, and what it would cost me to change. With the
change fee and fare difference, I was quoted $119. And, the agent shared
with me that the later flight was "wide open.". Hearing this, I said thanks
and hung up. I then intentionally missed my flight, went to the airport
and explained I missed my earlier flight to the agent, who then put me on
the later flight for ..... Free. This is basically how it works for most
airlines I've found. Weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty smart, Chris.

I hope the next flight wasn't too much later that the one you were supposed to be on because Teresa is home waiting for you at the door.