Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Yikes...continued...

Well...to update all my peeps about the happnins round the crib last night. About 10:00pm Chris and I were watching tv...when all of a sudden...we heard 5 gun shots. At least it wasn't during American Idol (I would have had to go outside and bust a cap in someone:) for interrupting my AI) It was sooo loud and soooo close we jumped to our feet immediately! Chris told me to lock the back door and ran to the front to check the locks. I cut the lights off so we could peek out the front window and see what was going on. Now you should know...this kind of thing does NOT go on in our neighborhood. We have a quiet neighborhood (especially our street). Filled with hard working men and stay at home moms and grandparents. Just like our situation (mom and dad next door)...there are MANY parents...grandparents...and in-law families that make up our neighborhood. So the most noise we get around her are fireworks on New Years Eve. Needless to say...we were taken aback by this. Once we peeked outside we could see ALL our neighbors doing the same. Some even coming out on their porches (are they NUTS?) Gun shots=stay in the house and call the po po! Chris did call the police and they said they had already recieved some calls and had some cars on the way. Once the police were there we came outside. EVERYBODY came outside. People saying...it sounded like it was in our backyard...or it sounded like it was in our driveway. Well..to us...it sounded like it came from IN our house (it was LOUD). The police got out...questioned people (we were all in agreement that is was 5 shots)..and got flashlights out and started looking for shell casings. And guess where they found some????? anyone...anyone?? Bueller? Bueller? INFRONT OF OUR HOUSE AND IN MY FLOWER BED!!!!! Yikes! At least it was just shell casings and not a BODY! They were walking all in my flowers. I was like...hey! Get out of my flowers...I got major blisters planting those beauties! Just kidding! But I was thinking that! Of course the kids woke up from the shots and totally FREAKED THE HECK OUT!! Nick was so curious he came running outside in his underwear and tee shirt. Good grief! I had to shuffle him back upstairs and in bed. And Ben was SO not laying down by himself after that. He said...I wonder if school will be out tomorrow? And...I'm not going out to the bus stop (infront of our house) in the morning. We explained to him that this was not meant for us..or anyone we knew. I'm sure we will be answering his questions for days. All I know is...I am really glad Chris was not out of town. We would have all been freaking out! If we get anymore informationabout this...I'll make sure to blog it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scary! My husband still checks all the windows and locks in our house every night even though most of our neighbors don't even have a key to their house! (That's one of his "man" jobs. :) That and taking out the garbage!)

Anonymous said...

Not our typical evening in the hood. I'm glad Chris was home ... I was wondering about that.

Anonymous said...

They didn't interrupt AI but they did make me miss the last five minutes of House. I'm sure I'll catch up tonight since it is a two-hour episode continued tonight.