Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Jam Master B....formerly known as Benjamin

by teresa
Ben has been a little hard to handle lately. He is completely full of himself...and sassy! He gets away with it alot because he is so flippin cute!
His teacher called yesterday to see if I got a note she sent home to me on Thursday. Uhhh...no...I said. She said she asked Ben if I had seen it and he said...I can't remember. Apparently she sent home a behavior notice (that must have gotten lost on the way home) after the field trip last week. Ben and his friend Qianna were talking loudly and not sitting down on the bus ride back to school. She said she told them 5 times to correct their behavior...but they just continued. I asked to speak to Ben (he was there with her when she called) but all he did was sniffle. I think it really embarassed him that she called me. When he got home and I tried to discuss it with him he just kept running away and sticking his head in the couch cushions. And when Chris got home and mentioned it to him...he shot me a look that showed his feelings of betrayal toward me. How dare me tell daddy what went on at school!

I took him to get some summer clothes from Old Navy the other day. I figured he needed a few t-shirts that fit (I tried his on from the begininneg of the school year and you could see his belly button they were so short)and a couple pairs of shorts. He wore one of his new shirts to school yesterday...and came home with pizza sauce ALL over it. And I mean ALL over it...there was sauce on his back too! I had him change before the dentist. Once home the boys and Chris went in the backyard to check out the progress of their basketball court. Chris said he watched Ben walk over to the backhoe the workers left...slop up a handful of grease off the side and wipe it on his shirt and shorts (new outfir from Old Navy). Then he looked at Chris...smiled and said...OOPS...I fell against the tractor and got dirty! ARRGGG! This made me so angry! But mom saved the day and gave me a can of WD-40. I sprayed it on the greasey areas and soaked it overnight. It is now washed and good as new! Lucky for Ben!

Later we were watching jeopardy together. One of the catagories was SAR-castic. The answers were all things with the pre-fix SAR. Well, Ben heard the category and said....Hey, sarcastic...that's what I am...right dad? I guess he has overheard Chris and I talking about him. Oops!

A few minutes later Chris was trying to get him to wind down and go up to bed. He was bouncing (literally) all over the livingroom with Chris chasing after him. Chris kept saying...Beeeen....come here! Beeeen...put on your jammies! Beeeen...go back upstairs (after tucking him in 3 times)! Finally Ben says.....hey! It's NOT BEN! It's JAM MASTER B ...to you! It was so hard for Chris and I not to let our giggles slip out as we were having to correct him and put him back in bed.

No comments: