Wednesday, May 31, 2006

can you use it in a sentence?

by teresa
I'm very excited about the national spelling bee coming on tomorrow night during prime time on ABC. I watch this every year. The kids are so sweet...I usually get attached to the dorkiest one and follow them to the final round.
Have you ever watched it? It's pretty entertaining...and humiliating. Humiliating because I usually can't spell like 70% of the words correctly! They always sound so serious and mature...and ask questions like... Does this word have a homonym? What is the part of speech? Can you use the word in a sentence? What is the definition? What is the origin of the word?
The kids are truly amazing!
Check it out...tomorrow night at 8:00pm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got second place in our school district spelling bee when I was in the 8th grade. Yay me! I've always been a good speller and people still ask me how to spell words all the time. In fact, my mom calls me from Phoenix if she can't figure out how to spell something!

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»