Tuesday, May 09, 2006

the sloth

by teresa
Last night before I went up to bed..I asked Lauren to please bring down any dirty clothes she had in her room. I said....bring them down...and put them in the basket on top of the washer! I had done laundry all day yesterday....everyones but her's. So I wanted to be done this morning. I don't ask much. Most mom's of 17 yr olds don't even do their kids laundry anymore. All I asked was that is be in the basket when I woke up. Well...when I woke and headed down the stairs this morning this is what I came across.


















Her dirty clothes in a STINKY...STINKY...did I mention that they were STINKY...pile at the bottom of the stairs.
That is one LAZY girl right there! I figured my revenge would be to blog about it (some of her friends read this too).

A couple of years ago...her youth pastor at the time asked all the kids to choose the animal that was most like them...an animal they would like to become. And this was videoed and aired during the morning worship service. Some kid chose an eagle....one a lion....one a dolphin...etc. Lauren chose a SLOTH! I kid you NOT! Chris and I slid down under the pew we were sitting in. She like the sloth because it slept for like 15 hours a day. and they only come down out of their tree to go to a new tree when all the food is gone in the one they are in. They also are very slow...no rushing around. Yep...that sounds like Lauren to me!

No comments: