Friday, May 19, 2006

TGIF

by teresa

I saw this on another blog and thought it was a good idea.

FRIDAY...

F irst thing I need to do this morning is a tub of laundry. You would be proud of me...I have kept up with it all week So in the morning I have maybe one tub to do. Two tubs if there are some whites.

R ight now there are many construction workers crammed into my backyard. Digging, plowing, measuring and other such examples of hard labor. Kudos...to all the husbands who work with their hands like this. That is some hard work right there. They deserve an extra hug when they get home from work today!

I have lost a total of 4 pounds this week. And I feel great...and full! That's a wonderful thing pepole (my son Ben's spelling). I may win that money from the contest after all!! Nick has even embraced our new menus. I made some spagetti last night. I made it with this and this. I also cooked some ground turkey and veggies (green peppers, mushrooms,etc.) Then I put it all in my new food processor and blended it so the kids could not tell anything was in it. They each had 2 bowls! It was very yummy! And only 6 pts per serving.

D arn it! Chris went out of town again this morning. I think his flight left around 5:30am. He will be in South Carolina checking in (doing that big boss thing) on some Relays for Life going on this weekend. Ben happened to get up and come to climb into our bed when Chris was getting ready this morning. Talk about laying on the guilt! Seeing Chris getting ready that early...he knew that he must be going out of town. And he cried and cried and cried(I think it was mostly from being tired and half asleep)! Begging Chris not to go...to stay home with him...not to leave him behind (who am I...chopped liver?). He has been SO attached to Chris lately. It's really sweet. When he hears Chris' car pull up in the driveway, he bounds toward the door like Dino from the Flintstones!

A bout four more weeks till school is out and we head to the Outer Banks on vacation with the families. Chris is so funny about this. He keeps cracking jokes like....how is it a vacation when EVERYONE is coming too? What is it a vacation from? It will be like Thanksgiving...for a week...that we have to pay for! Now don't go getting your feelings hurt if your some of the people going with us!! He is just kidding!! He knows that I live for things like this(all of our families getting together)...so he teases me about it all the time. And he also agrees with me that we wouldn't have it any other way for our kids. They LOVE and adore their grandparents...aunt...and cousins. So that's why we ALL have to go! The more the merrier....right?

Y es!! Tonight is date night!! I know...Chris is out of town. But I have a date with a tall, handsome, blue-eyed blond. My Ben-jammin! Nick wil be leaving on his hiking trip this afternoon...Lauren is still in Boston (I heard from her by the way...and she is having a blast)...and Chris will be in the Carolinas. So it's just me and Ben. I don't know what we will do yet. Dinner...dancing...then back to his place for a night cap (diet dr. pepper...with 2 straws).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Date night was fun. It was a group date with Teresa, Ben, Katy, Kristian, Kai, Kaden and me. We went to the park first, then to a thrift store, then out to eat at a Chinese buffet and then to Katy's place to watch Nanny McPhee which, by the way, was SUCH A GREAT MOVIE!!!

I had so much fun with my family.

Thanks for letting me tag along.

Gidget said...

I had a great time too momma!