Thursday, May 04, 2006

Nick...burgers...elfs...prayer...infected toes

by teresa
Yesterday was so full of running around that I hardly had to to stop and say hello to y'all. I think Nick enjoyed his birthday. Although...I know it is killing him to wait until Saturday for his big presents. My mom did breakdown and give him his card from her (with $50 in it). My grandaddy did too. Don't feel sorry for him though...we took him and Ben out to breakfast (while eating Ben said...thanks for having your birthday Nick). At lunch I went to his school and surprised him with cupcakes (for the entire class). He had the biggest smile on his face when his class rounded the corner and he saw me sitting there. Of course when I went in the office to sign in I was greeted by "his ladies". They were all....Nick looks so hamdsome today...we didn't realize it was his birthday till this morning when he came down to the office for his birthday pencil....he is so special..etc. I'm loving those women!! After lunch I did some running around (last minute stuff for his birthday gifts...I can't wait to tell you what he's getting). Last night Ben had karate class before church. So I took him and Lauren took Nick out to dinner at Red Robin...and then they headed to church to meet us. During class Chris mom brought cupcakes for his birthday (good grief...could he possibly eat one more thing!!) He came to the car with red teeth....how much food coloring do they put in the icing of those things? He came in...showered. He showered quickly...a little too quickly if you ask me. But I wasn't going to be picky since American Idol was coming on in about 10 minutes! If I couldn't smell him from downstairs....he was clean enough! American Idol was great...as usual. I knew it was either going to be Elliot or Paris. So there were no surprises there. I love it when they have to sing right before they find out if they are cut. Such pressure. But the worst is when they make them sing after they are cut....I don't know how they hold it together so well. I guess from here on out losers will just be decided by what song they choose. Because they are all great singers! So they better be careful what they choose. I say Elliot is next...what do you think? I know...I know...he is a GREAT singer....but I just don't get into his performances. Ben walked by the tv on tuesday night when Elliot was singing and said....he looks like and ELF! Nuff said!
Today I have my MIT meeting (it is also the National Day of Prayer).....so hit those knees people and thank God for all of his blessings. Oh you don't think you are blessed do ya? Well...were you able to feed your kids last night? Pay your rent/ mortgage this month...tell someone you love them (or visa versa)...hear the birds chirping...see the rain yesterday...smile at your baby's face (they are your babies no matter how old they are)...then YOU HAVE LOTS TO BE THANKFUL FOR!
While you are on those knees...pray for my sister Katy. I am meeting her at the doctors this morning. She is having an infected ingrown toenail removed. (I will take my camera mwah haa haa) Now... I've never had an ingrown toenail...but I hear it is a KILLER PAIN!! Her major fears are the needles they stick in her foot before they do the procedure. She is very scared....so send your love her way (around 10:00am:)
I actually woke up refreshed this morning. Not groggy...wanting more sleep. That's a nice change. It's also very sunny here in va. So I took a shower...dressed..and went through the house opening all the curtains and blinds Notice I opened them after I showered and dressed...I'm no floosy (is that how you spell it?) Hold on...I'll look it up...nope...here's how you spell it. Anyway...there are lots of construction workers a few doors down..and frankly...I don't want to distract them:0) As my gal pal Beyonce says...I don't think there ready for this jelly! Anyway...getting back to why I open the blinds...there is nothing like lots of sunshine filling the house. I know this will create more dust...but I don't care. It brightens the house...it brighten's my day! Tomorrow's cleaning day anyway.
I'll try to check in with you guys later...bah bye.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That wasn't a nanny that brought cup cakes to church; what does a guy have to do! They were for his birthday with his Royal Ranger class.

Leftovers went to Jackie's Prims class.

Anonymous said...

Hehe... I was going to give you credit, George. There's one cupcake left ... it will go to the highest bidder.

Anonymous said...

I would bid on it, but I think I'll hold out for Nick's birthday cake on Saturday.

It might make me have too much jelly and Jimmy's not ready for that (he's got a weak heart.)