Thursday, May 18, 2006

concrete man...concrete man...where for art thou concrete man?

by teresa
Well.. I'm off for a few hours. First to MIT meeting, then to Ben's school for a couple of hours.

The concrete man never showed up yesterday. I did get a call though...saying he was behind because of rain and he would be he THIS MORNING...NO DOUBT! Well see. Chris is driving me crazy over his basketball court....so that man better show up or I'll have to hunt him down. At least we only gave him a small deposit. And not HALF up front like the man wanted. We have been burned by "money up front" before. NEVER give them the money before they do anything!!! It is a HUGE mistake! If they can't afford to start the project with their own money....pass on them quick! Once they have the money...there is no incentive to get the job done on time.

just a little side note... I saw a bumper sticker the other day on a concrete truck.
It read....
If you don't use concrete...
it's your own asphalt!

I think that's funny!

Oh...I weighed myself this morning and I was down THREE pounds. Yeah for me! I need to go to the grocery store today and get some low fat...low calorie snacks. My house if full of cheese sticks ...pepperoni...and eggs from our low carb life. By the way...I had and apple the other day. It was the first fruit I have eaten in over a year. Atkins makes you swear off fruit because of it's sugar. MAN...that was the BEST APPLE I have ever had!! I have really missed my fruit.

See ya later alligator...

3 comments:

The Yanceys said...

I do have to stand up for a small business man though. Shawn asks for 1/3 upfront, 1/3 in the middle and 1/3 upon completion.

He has been stuck doing jobs and never being paid.

You have to find that person you can trust though.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I forgot to weigh myself this week so I'm going to have to guess when next week comes around! Here's a little snack tip, Sugar Free Fat Free Jello is just 4 weight watcher points for the entire box! So if you're craving a chocolate fix, a big bowl of chocolate pudding will definitely hit the spot!

Gidget said...

Thanks Melissa! We must be having some ESP thing going on between us...cause yesterday afternoon I went to the grocery store and bought some sugar-free fat-free jello chocolate pudding cups. And I had one last night and it was actually good! Yeah!