Wednesday, May 10, 2006

God is good...All the time!

by teresa
Yesterday started out so normal and boring. A trip to the dry cleaners, thrift store, Ben's school. Then home to do a couple tubs of laundry, and other tedious household chores. Once the boys got home we did homework and then got ready for karate classes. Then we realized that Ben had left his belt in Lauren's car the night before when she took him to class for me. He was not about to go to class with no belt. He would have to stand with the white belts (humiliation:). So we drove over the Lauren's school to search her car. School was still in session...with about 5 minutes to go. So we pull up next to her car and I get out and start rummaging through her trough of a car. Then I notice a boy and girl in the car next to me. They are being loud...but I can't tell if it is happy loud or mad loud. I continue sifting. All of a sudden the girl jumps out of the car and starts running through the rows of cars toward the school. She is screaming at the top of her lungs. I still can't tell if they are just playing around or what. Then he gives chase....catches up to her....and takes her down to the ground.......WHAT THE ? Now he is dragging her (she won't put her feet down) toward his car again. She is screaming...crying...flailing. Now remember I had my boys in the car with me witnessing this. I tell the boys to STAY IN THE CAR!!!!! Then I run to them and scream at him to let her go!!!! He is much bigger than her..or myself. He ignores me and yells at her to stop doing this....come with him and shut up. She looks terrified. I scream at him to no avail. I see another mother running toward them. I reach in my car and call inside the school. I'm so FREAKED by this time all I can get out is......SEND SECURITY...STUDENT PARKING LOT...DRAGGING GIRL INTO HIS CAR! The woman is now trying to pull her from him. She has a hold of the girls arms...but he still has a hold too. They have now made it right to the passenger side of his car. I jump into the drivers side to take the keys out of the ignition. But dang it!! They are not there. He must have them on him. So I jump out and go around to where they are. We are yelling at him...pulling at her...then FINALLY two teenage boys who were standing back like flipping idiots...jump on him and pull him off of her. The woman and girl run like the wind toward the school. Then the boys let go of him. He shuts and locks his car doors... then walks toward the school after them. Like nothing happened. I see the security guard bust out the doors running right past the girl and right toward the boy. School has now let out so he is just looking around the sea of teenagers pouring out the doors confused as to who is causing trouble. So I run over and yell at him. I point out the boy and he grabs him and takes him into the building. And then I breathe! I climb back in my car and I am shaking. The boys look like a couple of deer caught in the headlights.
Once in the car and on the way to karate I call into the school. I tell them who I am and ask how everythng is doing.
The secretary thanks me for alerting them and tells me it is being handled.
On the way to karate the boys are full of questions. Why would he do that? Why did you help? Would he have killed her? I tried to explain to them that he probably wasn't a bad person. His emotions (and hormones) got the best of him and he didn't react the right way. He needed to control his temper...even when his girlfriend and him were fighting. That they should never treat women like. Never put your hands on them...never drag them around. Even if they are acting unreasonable and leaving when you are trying to talk to them. I told them he probably wasn't going to kill her....he just wanted to continue their talk (fight) and she didn't. So he was trying to keep her with him. I also explained that it would have been very wrong of me to sit back and watch this happen. Not interfere! I pray every morning for God to guide my thoughts...words...actions. And I just KNEW I was supposed to help. I felt like God had guided us there for that missing belt. To be right THERE!! BESIDE THEM!! It's pretty cool when you think about it. School wasn't out yet...no one would have seen them. But there we were...digging through Lauren's car...looking for that stupid belt. Which by the way wasn't even in her car. They had left it at karate. So that makes it even cooler. We were they for no reason at all...except for that girls protection. Somebody must have had her in their prayers too. And we were put together, like pieces of a puzzle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are all God's angels on earth and you are definitely and angel! Thank goodness you were there! I especially appreciate that you took the time to explain your actions and the boys action to your sons in a way that didn't villify the boy. So many people go truly bad because their mistakes are magnified in a very negative way.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were there, Teresa. It sounds a little frightening, but I'm sure God gave you peace and a clear mind about what to do.

Anonymous said...

I love reading and hearing how God uses you, Teresa. I believe you are definately walking in God's Will.