Wednesday, May 17, 2006

and here I sit....waiting and waiting

by teresa
Last night, after three and a half hours at the dojo (I had to shower to get the feet smell off of me) we came home. Just as the boys were finishing dinner George and Jackie called. George needed to come over and adjust Nick's new backpack before the campout (on Friday). It was a gift from them especially for the hiking trip. So they came over and Jackie brought me a card (for no reason) and a Starbucks gift card. Isn't that sweet? It took George like an hour and a half to get the bag adjusted correctly...so Jackie and I got to watch Idol together. I don't think she has ever watched it. The show was great....and her and I agreed that Taylor won...hands down! Katy called during the show and had the same opinion. Mom called just as it was ending and felt the same way as us. I don't know about them...but I think Katharine is going to go on the the finals with Taylor. Her performance of Over the Rainbow was unbeleivable! I don't think Elliot did bad...I just liked her better last night. So we will see what happens.
Well, so far today I have made the beds, unloaded the dishwasher, washed and put away ALL clothes,showered,and read more of my book. I usually go over to Katy's on Wednesdays...but the concrete man is supposed to come sometime today with his crew to start demolition on our yard. So I have been hanging around waiting for him. And waiting...and waiting! It is 11:00am...and still no sign of him. GREAT! I'm surprised Katy hasn't called to chew me out for not coming. I think she goes stir crazy sitting in her apartment all day. She has Kaden and Kai at home (Kristian in in school all day). She also babysits for two kids (under two). So she is pretty much forced to stay put until the kids get picked up.
I have started a new weight loss plan. After a year on South Beach/Atkins...I am switching to weight watchers. I have heard many people sing the praises of it. So I am going to give it a shot. Have you...or anyone you know ever been on it before? Let me know how you/they did. Wish me luck.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never did Weight Watchers but did do the Atkins last summer and lost 45lbs in 2 month's !!But have heard great things about Jenny Craig?!!? Not weight watchers though sorry :( Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

I've done weight watchers and had really good success with it. My mother also did weight watchers and lost 72 pounds! I got pregnant again when I was on it, so I only had the chance to lose about 10 pounds, but I hope to get back to it soon, especially now that I've put all that weight back on with interest!

Anonymous said...

By the way....
You've been tagged (again, I know)!

Anonymous said...

http://keepin-it-real1.tripod.com/keepin-it-real1/
Here's another WW alum with a definite success story. She just happened to post her before and after pictures today.

The Yanceys said...

My cousin did weight watchers and lost 30+ pounds. I am thinking about doing it, but, I'm kinda scared.

I am buying a bike for Active For Life.

The Yanceys said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're going to start Watchers. I think it will be easier to stick too and healthier, too.