Monday, April 10, 2006

Appraiser

by teresa
This morning we had an appointment with an appraiser. No..we are not thinking of moving. We are refinancing our house. So the appraiser had to come. I didn't realize he was going to have to come in the house. So when he came to the door at 9:00am...I had cleaned up the backyard...but not the inside. Actually..I had slept in...I woke up at a quarter to 9:00. So when he said...I will start with the outside and then come in...I FREAKED OUT! I can't let someone in my house with out the beds made! And the dishwasher loaded! And I had just DUMPED out all the hampers in the upstairs hallway so I could sort and start washing. Ben was still asleep in my bed...and Lauren in her bed. So I ran around (in the five minutes it took him outside) like a chicken with it's head cut off. I loaded the dishwasher...put the clothes back in the hamper...made the boys beds...woke Ben (who flipped out when I told min a man was about to walk up and come in the room)...he ran and dove under his bed so the guy wouldn't see him in his jammies...I made my bed...I woke Lauren who slammed her door at me and locked it. Then the guys knocks...so I run downstairs..let the dog out back...let the guy in....and run back up to try and dress Ben before the guy makes it upstairs. When he came up...Ben was half dressed...so he shot back under his bed...the guys all waiting to go in Lauren's room but she wouldn't open the door. I'm knocking and saying...Lauren...open the door...he needs to measure. I hear nothing...finally she opens the door and flies past us down the hall into the boys room. Her room looked like a tornado whipped through it (I was dying about this....ya'll know how I am...everything HAS to be in it's place!!!!!). She was all grumping at me because I didn't tell her the guy was coming this morning. I tried to explain to her that I didn't know he was coming in! But she kept on grumping...whatever! I should have not even woke her up....just let the guy walk in her room while she was sleeping....that would have been funny. She's so crazy...I bet she would have screamed and barreled over him like a linebacker! He was a little guy too...she would have snapped him in two like a twig! Then I would have had to pay for another appraiser. Bummer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well ... there ya go ... a little excitement to begin Spring Break Week. I hope this is not an indication of how the rest of the week will go.

Anonymous said...

I can picture it now...it would have really been funny. You could have made a video and sent it to AFV and won enough money to get your driveway repaved.