Wednesday, April 12, 2006

spring break...day three

by teresa
The kids and I were in the yard working from 9:00am to 4:o0pm. I had to bring them in...shower us down...get to karate by 5:00pm. Then church straight from karate. I dropped the boys off at church (bad mommy), and came home to do some laundry (neglected...because of yard work)...dishes...and get on the computer without interuption. I am aching like an old woman. I think I'll go take a motrin...or 5! I'm such a wuss! Only 2 more flower beds to go. Phew! Kristian and Ben rode bikes through the yards (mom's and mine...remember, we live next door to each other) back and forth for hours. Nick helped me in the yard for awhile...then abandoned me to go help our neighbor (Ms. Pat) with her yard (traitor). I was struggling alone...I kept looking over at her yard and there was Nick...trimming...cutting...weeding...etc. All with a smile on his face! Talking them to death I'm sure.
He came home and said...Ms. Pat had her father-in-law over. He kept trying to eat the paint brushes and walk out in the street. He said...mom...he has "Old Timers"...isn't that sad mom? I was helping her keep him out of the street. I thought this was so sweet of Nick. Her loves to help people...especially older folks. I like how he said Old Timers...instead of Alzheimers.
Here's a picture of Nick working hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nick is such a compassionate, sweet kid ... just like his Mom.