Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Safety Patrol

by teresa
Nick has now gone one step further down the road to dorkdom. He has been elected to his schools safety patrol unit. Like his cello lessons and cooking interest weren't enough!

You guys KNOW I am just kidding right? I love all these things about my sweet boy!

Chris and I are very proud of him being on the safety patrol. You have to be a top student and very well behaved to be elected. And you have to be recommended by your teacher and the staff. His duties are to get to school early...put on his gear (you know I am going to sneak up to school and snap a picture of that)...and walk the halls. Inforcing...no loitering...no running...tardiness...and checking for hall passes. He was beside himself with glee when he left this morning for his first day on the job. He came home yesterday and told me he was requesting to be captain of the safety patrol (Lord have mercy). He needed to write a letter to be turned in today to the sponsor. I went on his works and pulled it down here so you could read it. I thought it was very nicely written.

Nick Green April 18, 2006

I would be a Great Captain because…
I love to help and you can ask my teacher Ms. Lyle that. I help out at church by passing out the roll books. So I’m already use to handing out something in a large place. I am also responsible for maintaining the lawn of three neighbors. So you know I am a very responsible kid. I will be there early every day. I get my morning work done quickly. I have a sharp eye for trouble so I can keep things in line. I am very well behaved so you don’t have to worry about me getting I trouble. All in all I would be a great captain because I am responsible and well behaved.
awwwwwww!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The PERFECT job for our Nick. Good thing they didn't ask for a reference from his siblings, though ... hehe. I'm sure he will be the best safty patrol they have ever had at that school.